Author Topic: War please.  (Read 86088 times)

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: War please.
« Reply #225: July 04, 2012, 01:50:33 AM »
That's because most realms aren't a clan....

Nor is Aurvandil :)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #226: July 04, 2012, 01:51:03 AM »
That's because most realms aren't a clan....

Irrelevant.

And I knew some one wouldn't be able to make such a petty snipe when I used that reference.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #227: July 04, 2012, 01:51:21 AM »
Nor is Aurvandil :)

I'm sorry, "Saxon."
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228: July 04, 2012, 01:51:52 AM »
Yes, well that would imply we don't want them to build up a strong army, economy and back it up with high level fortifications, whereas by all accounts we will encourage them to do so. It isn't fun fighting a cripple, or having a cripple for a neighbour, it's to emasculating.

Were you not surprise-attacking them and destroying their fortifications?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #229: July 04, 2012, 01:52:22 AM »
I'm sorry, "Saxon."

Don't waste our time with that bull!@#$, if you please.

It's already been thoroughly disproved.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #230: July 04, 2012, 01:53:34 AM »
I'm sorry, "Saxon."

Aurvandil may contain a few "Saxons", but Aurvandil isn't Saxon.

...Saxon here meaning someone whom has had a character previously in Astrum, Thulsoma, Summerdale, Averoth and then went to Aurvandil according to the magistrates...

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #231: July 04, 2012, 01:53:47 AM »
Were you not surprise-attacking them and destroying their fortifications?

It's not surprise if you warn them in advance.

I did tell Barca over a week ahead in time that the Knight Hausos was going to their capital, and I gave them a days forewarning to pick the terms and location of the confrontation. It didn't have to be in Rettleville, but as they refused, we decided to be quick and decisive.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #232: July 04, 2012, 01:54:51 AM »
I suggested we make them a vassel state, forbid they accumulate any large force of men, pay a fair ammount of there tax gold in tribute, leave the moot, be unable to build fortifications wihtout writen permission, change government to a monarchy and have an aurvandilian proxy ruler.

But that didn't go over too well with the rest of Aurvandil :(
Just saying those are the stupidest peace terms in my opinion because you want them to let you takeover their realm and change it a ton without a fight, its like it couldn't be worse since what else could they lose from going to war? Also several other issues too, like Aurvandils being total hypocrites by saying honor is important but then tell Barca to leave their federation they are in because you guys say so.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #233: July 04, 2012, 01:55:55 AM »
Just saying those are the stupidest peace terms in my opinion because you want them to let you takeover their realm and change it a ton without a fight, its like it couldn't be worse since what else could they lose from going to war? Also several other issues too, like Aurvandils being total hypocrites by saying honor is important but then tell Barca to leave their federation they are in because you guys say so.

Well, that is Sidonie, the mad eastern Ducessa.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #234: July 04, 2012, 01:56:09 AM »

...It wasn't exactly a serious suggestion...

Also how is it dishonouralbe to not like ALL our neighbors being part of an alliance of dishonourable cowards, if nothing else, we are removing barca from there stain
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:59:22 AM by DamnTaffer »

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #235: July 04, 2012, 01:59:21 AM »
You realise this is all just meaningless OOC conjecture, not actually representative of our in game, roleplayed characters?
My point being of the dishonorable thing is if Aurvandil actually offered those terms not about you saying it on the forums. If you are not saying that because of my dishonorable remark, then what are you talking about with what I said?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #236: July 04, 2012, 02:00:17 AM »
My point being of the dishonorable thing is if Aurvandil actually offered those terms not about you saying it on the forums. If you are not saying that because of my dishonorable remark, then what are you talking about with what I said?

We haven't offered terms yet, we were jokingly discussing possible terms.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #237: July 04, 2012, 02:01:12 AM »
...It wasn't exactly a serious suggestion...

Also how is it dishonouralbe to not like ALL our neighbors being part of an alliance of dishonourable cowards, if nothing else, we are removing barca from there stain
How is the moot a bunch of dishonourable cowards?
― G.K. Chesterton

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #238: July 04, 2012, 02:04:27 AM »
How is the moot a bunch of dishonourable cowards?

You've opened a can of worms there...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #239: July 04, 2012, 02:05:51 AM »
You've opened a can of worms there...
I am not asking for you to just say there are a bunch of reasons, I would like to actually here your reasons for calling them a bunch of dishonourable cowards.
― G.K. Chesterton