Author Topic: War please.  (Read 86807 times)

Zakilevo

Re: War please.
« Reply #210: July 03, 2012, 09:25:17 PM »
Huh?  I thought the war was already over, Zak... :P
Where did you get that information Peter. I thought it was supposed to remain secret! ;)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #211: July 03, 2012, 10:14:26 PM »
I assumed that since Aurvandil is involved, and it has been more than two days, they aught to have won by now.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Zakilevo

« Reply #212: July 03, 2012, 10:28:10 PM »
I assumed that since Aurvandil is involved, and it has been more than two days, they aught to have won by now.

You are in Aurvandil so yeah. They will either win easily or go broke. I bet your character is stashing gold away!  ::)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #213: July 03, 2012, 10:39:27 PM »
Where did you get that information Peter. I thought it was supposed to remain secret! ;)

Nothing is secret on the forums! Indeed Barca already wants a peace treaty, so we are currently discussing what it is Aurvandil wants.. quite some creative ideas, too  ;D
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Zakilevo

« Reply #214: July 03, 2012, 10:41:45 PM »
Make them pay tributes for a year. 500 gold a week for 52 weeks. That should teach them a lesson 8)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #215: July 03, 2012, 10:42:47 PM »
What does Canada want?

We want more money! x3

Replace Canada with appropriate realms.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #216: July 04, 2012, 01:27:24 AM »
Make them pay tributes for a year. 500 gold a week for 52 weeks. That should teach them a lesson 8)

I considered demanding a tribute of 50 gold every month, a humiliatingly low tribute for Barca, just an excuse for their Suffete to come to the Imperial City to pay an obeisance to the High Sovereign and to make it clear where they kneel.

But then, I also considered demanding a thousand gold for every gold coin offered for Mendicant's death, which right now would be 350,000 Gold. We could go either way really.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:30:38 AM by NoblesseChevaleresque »

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #217: July 04, 2012, 01:43:39 AM »
I considered demanding a tribute of 50 gold every month, a humiliatingly low tribute for Barca, just an excuse for their Suffete to come to the Imperial City to pay an obeisance to the High Sovereign and to make it clear where they kneel.

But then, I also considered demanding a thousand gold for every gold coin offered for Mendicant's death, which right now would be 350,000 Gold. We could go either way really.

I suggested we make them a vassel state, forbid they accumulate any large force of men, pay a fair ammount of there tax gold in tribute, leave the moot, be unable to build fortifications wihtout writen permission, change government to a monarchy and have an aurvandilian proxy ruler.

But that didn't go over too well with the rest of Aurvandil :(

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #218: July 04, 2012, 01:45:04 AM »

But then, I also considered demanding a thousand gold for every gold coin offered for Mendicant's death, which right now would be 350,000 Gold. We could either way really.
I would see that as one you are be kind of dishonourable as you are making terms they cant fufill and you know it. It would take about 3 years if they gave you all of their money from every tax until its paid. You say you consider that to be humilatingly low price which it would be if it was a realm of your size but anymore than 1000 would be a lot for their realm as 1000 gold is a tenth of their income for the month. Also your reasoning behind the 350k is kinda not valid as you can't assume its Barca. Any of the moot could have and not just the top people as its not a lot, really any of a lot of realms could have since plenty of realms members are wealthy and Aurvandil was being badmouthed in SA for the whole anti-religion thing.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #219: July 04, 2012, 01:46:52 AM »
I suggested we make them a vassel state, forbid they accumulate any large force of men, pay a fair ammount of there tax gold in tribute, leave the moot, be unable to build fortifications wihtout writen permission, change government to a monarchy and have an aurvandilian proxy ruler.

But that didn't go over too well with the rest of Aurvandil :(

Yes, well that would imply we don't want them to build up a strong army, economy and back it up with high level fortifications, whereas by all accounts we will encourage them to do so. It isn't fun fighting a cripple, or having a cripple for a neighbour, it's to emasculating.

Marlboro

• Noble Lord
  • With Claws
    • View Profile
« Reply #220: July 04, 2012, 01:47:29 AM »
350 is an insultingly low bounty really.
When Thalmarkans walked through the Sint land, castles went up for sale.

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #221: July 04, 2012, 01:47:43 AM »
I would see that as one you are be kind of dishonourable as you are making terms they cant fufill and you know it. It would take about 3 years if they gave you all of their money from every tax until its paid. You say you consider that to be humilatingly low price which it would be if it was a realm of your size but anymore than 1000 would be a lot for their realm as 1000 gold is a tenth of their income for the month. Also your reasoning behind the 350k is kinda not valid as you can't assume its Barca. Any of the moot could have and not just the top people as its not a lot, really any of a lot of realms could have since plenty of realms members are wealthy and Aurvandil was being badmouthed in SA for the whole anti-religion thing.

You realise this is all just meaningless OOC conjecture, not actually representative of our in game, roleplayed characters?

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #222: July 04, 2012, 01:48:30 AM »

That was the consensus in Aurvandil, but we had to realise not every realm had an eternal treasury.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #223: July 04, 2012, 01:49:27 AM »
That was the consensus in Aurvandil, but we had to realise not every realm had an eternal treasury.

That's because most realms aren't a clan....
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #224: July 04, 2012, 01:49:53 AM »
Yes, well that would imply we don't want them to build up a strong army, economy and back it up with high level fortifications, whereas by all accounts we will encourage them to do so. It isn't fun fighting a cripple, or having a cripple for a neighbour, it's to emasculating.

Just think of them as a decapitated corpse on our gate. They'd be like a "Mind the dog, trespassers you've been warned!" sign.

I'm suprised Mendicant / Aurvandil didn't bump it up for ego reasons...