Author Topic: War please.  (Read 85943 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: War please.
« Reply #60: June 16, 2012, 11:39:23 PM »
So, just to repeat, this actually is about SA against Asylon? More or less how Glaumring's been saying all along but been dismissed as a crazy man for it?

No. Neither Glaumring nor Feylonis really know anything, they're both just seeing what they want to see and neither one has any evidence to back up their claims. They are making assumptions that are driven by their respective biases. That or Glaumring is just making things up for fun, I can never tell with him.

All it really boils down to is that Glaumring's character got overconfident, raised the ire of the wrong people, and made several mistakes. Those people then exploited his mistakes to organize the current war. There's no conspiracy, it's not a religious thing, and Allison actually had very little to do with it beyond baiting Asylon in the first place. She probably assumed that if she could provoke either Terran or Asylon into going too far, Astrum would intervene, and she assumed correctly. Terran was too smart to fall for it, as evidenced by their careful diplomacy with Astrum, but Asylon walked right into it. That's Allison for you. She's very crafty.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: June 16, 2012, 11:44:18 PM »
Or this is exactly what I wanted... You never know... You will soon... Muhahahahagdsghjjghhj
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Zakilevo

« Reply #62: June 16, 2012, 11:49:52 PM »
Or this is exactly what I wanted... You never know... You will soon... Muhahahahagdsghjjghhj

Interesting. If Glaumring can make this war bigger, I welcome that!

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: June 17, 2012, 12:25:57 AM »
Indirik is also talking out his ass... His little formula applies to everyone.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: June 17, 2012, 01:18:36 AM »
I didn't know I had a formula.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: June 17, 2012, 01:23:14 AM »
You don't thats the point.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: June 17, 2012, 01:36:37 AM »
Terran was too smart to fall for it, as evidenced by their careful diplomacy with Astrum, but Asylon walked right into it. That's Allison for you. She's very crafty.

"Careful diplomacy" is the real religion of Terran, and we are definitely a theocracy.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #67: June 17, 2012, 01:56:02 AM »
"Careful diplomacy" is the real religion of Terran, and we are definitely a theocracy.

That is why Terran has survived for so long.... lol
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: June 17, 2012, 03:55:09 AM »
The war is not, and has never been, "SA". It is several allied/federated realms dealing with the random acts of a Mad King.

Mad King? Pfft. How many of his own children has he personally slaughtered? You know, back in MY day, we had to earn our Mad King titles. Now it's just a cheap label slapped on any old ruler with a bit of cranky disposition. 

But seriously, I would say it is SA inasmuch as SA is being used for a vehicle for propaganda and alliance-making in this particular war. Allison did openly call for rebellion against Asylon in SA discussions. Magistratum and counter-Magistratums were made by opposing sides. Now obviously there's nothing official, no 'crusades' declared, the Prophet is silent... but official-ness doesn't mean so much when it comes to grinding a realm into the dirt by any means possible.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: June 17, 2012, 04:01:37 AM »
This is what they do. And this is why one must stand up and fight against it.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: June 17, 2012, 04:22:07 AM »
In this case, the only thing SA had to do with it was to provide a vehicle for Glaumring to show his irrationality to everyone else concerned. So, sure, it provided the vehicle for the alliance-making to stand against the source of instability for the whole region. Because the alliance standing against Asylon is 75% regional, plus Corsanctum who was probably mostly bored and looking for something to do.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: June 17, 2012, 04:48:16 AM »
Well if making Dwilight a safe and boring place to live i'd have joined Astrum. :P

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: June 17, 2012, 04:51:31 AM »
Sour grapes. ;)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: June 17, 2012, 06:16:58 AM »
You'll miss Glaumring!

Feylonis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: June 17, 2012, 06:37:20 AM »
Well, it looks like Kabrinskia just hit Kybcyell, as predicted. I may not be in any of the military councils, but so far close to all of my predicted movements have happened. I don't think I am "making !@#$ up", heh.