Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Can change dutchy allegiance, Can't make a new realm as duke

Started by DamnTaffer, June 19, 2012, 01:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DamnTaffer

I just noticed that as the Duke of a dutchy which has a city in it, which i'm not lord of, I can change the allegiance of the dutchy to a different realm, but not start a new realm? Is this intentional or...

Indirik

How long have you been duke?

So far as I know, secession should be possible right now. Perhaps there is some bug in the fact that you're not the lord of a city...
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

DamnTaffer

Quote from: Indirik on June 19, 2012, 01:47:59 AM
How long have you been duke?

So far as I know, secession should be possible right now. Perhaps there is some bug in the fact that you're not the lord of a city...

I've been duke for over a month I think, definately more than the normal requirement of two weeks, the city however, has only been in the dutchy for a few days.

Indirik

DamnTaffer

Indirik

A duke, even one who is not a lord, should be able to secede, as long as there is a city or stronghold in his duchy.

Is your character in the city or in his duchy? I remember talking about this while we were planning out secession in the new estate system, but I honestly can't remember how we finally decided to do it. Tim probably remembers, as he wrote the code.

DamnTaffer

Quote from: Indirik on June 19, 2012, 03:17:45 AM
A duke, even one who is not a lord, should be able to secede, as long as there is a city or stronghold in his duchy.

Is your character in the city or in his duchy? I remember talking about this while we were planning out secession in the new estate system, but I honestly can't remember how we finally decided to do it. Tim probably remembers, as he wrote the code.

I'm in the region within the dutchy where I am lord, I shall see if the button is there from within the city, If not I assume I should jsut make a bug report?

egamma

Quote from: DamnTaffer on June 19, 2012, 03:21:31 AM
I'm in the region within the dutchy where I am lord, I shall see if the button is there from within the city, If not I assume I should jsut make a bug report?

You mean that you are lord and not duke and you can secede?

Indirik

Yes, I would say try it while your character is physically in the city itself. If you still don't get the option, then I would report it as a bug. (Since duchies can now have more than one city/stronghold region, I seem to recall that the location of your character when you secede determines the location of the new capital. And since only city/stronghold regions can be capitals, you have to be in one of them to secede. That region becomes the capital of your new realm.)

I would try to test it on the dev server, but someone *cough*Tim*cough* has been testing the autopause code, and the data is royally screwed up...

Indirik

Quote from: egamma on June 19, 2012, 03:34:47 AM
You mean that you are lord and not duke and you can secede?
No, he is duke and lord, but not the lord of the city.

DamnTaffer

Am in the city, and do not have the option to create a new realm, this could possibly be because of the region being new.