Author Topic: Immigrating to other Islands?  (Read 2278 times)

templarofaura

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Immigrating to other Islands?
« Topic Start: June 19, 2012, 05:58:14 AM »
I've been reading around and if I'm understanding one can immigrate from one of the islands to another. Like how it says Beluaterra is only reachable this way.

I looked around on here and can't find a post about this so if this is a duplicate question forgive me and please direct me to the post where this has already been asked

But how does one go about immigrating to another island?

Zakilevo

Re: Immigrating to other Islands?
« Reply #1: June 19, 2012, 06:03:28 AM »
You can't emigrate to another continent within 2 weeks of the character creation. Once the time has passed, you can emigrate to other continents from port cities - cities bordering rivers and oceans.

It will cost you at least 50 gold. Also, you will suffer minor penalties in honour and prestige.

There are other penalties as well. You can't take your men with you. You will lose all the bonds and lose a good portion (don't remember accurately but I believe it is somewhere between 70-80%?) gold.

templarofaura

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 19, 2012, 07:39:56 AM »
Oh wow so it's something I should really think about before doing, I see.

Thank you, for the help

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 19, 2012, 07:48:14 AM »
You can emigrate to other continents from port cities - cities bordering rivers and oceans.

You can emigrate to other continents from any region of your realm which is by the coast.

EDIT: incorrect information
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:40:27 PM by egamma »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: June 19, 2012, 08:00:07 AM »

You can emigrate to other continents from any region of your realm which is by the coast.

Really? For some reason I always thought I had to be close to a city.

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 19, 2012, 08:07:55 AM »
I think it's only cities and townslands bordering a river or the ocean.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 19, 2012, 08:14:37 AM »

Wrong, on both counts. It doesn't have to be a region in your own realm, but it does have to be city or townsland bordering the coast or a river. See IG message:

Emigrate - you are not in a port (city or townsland region at the coast or a river).