Author Topic: Punishing Players for Not Moving within Half A Turn  (Read 44044 times)

Allomere

• Knight
    • View Profile
But it seems everyone is ignoring the fact that the "punishment" Fal'Cie was going to get, as has already been said, was a good ranting at by Allomere, which has happened before, but which was going to be roleplayed, as a bit of fun, since nothing else was happening worth roleplaying in the realm.  These are two characters who are frictious with each other, have been for quite some time, and often have bouts like this. Now if the social contract suddenly interprets as "you can't have forcible play-offs between characters" then maybe then there'd be a violation. Thankfully this is still a game, or so I'm told, and is being played quite nicely in our realm.

For the second time, there was nothing about nor was there going to be anything about bans.
There was nothing about nor was there going to be anything about fines.

Therein, no "Game" punishment whatsoever related to activity, but to two players consensually enacting the continuing IC fued between their characters.

As it happens, making the move is a single turn action anyway, thanks to Next Destination, so there's no issue about activity seeing as Fal'Cie continued to respond. And even if he hadn't, so what? "Oh, didn't manage to kill the monsters then Fal'Cie, so you are all talk"

Secondary to that, none of the letters sent were orders but threats were made in general conversation, as a bit of spice, as a prelude to some intended roleplay.

There is absolutely no case to be made against characters being either unreasonably demanding or purposefully harsh to each other as Allomere and Fal'Cie often are. If Allomere had said "March to Evanburg and back within the day, and if you don't I'll have you flogged" the fact that that isnt even possible as far as activity and turns are concerned is irrelevant, it is meant to demonstrate how much the two don't get on so much so they're both unreasonable to one another. No where was there "If you don't actually move I'll actually totally have you banned, k", nor any suggestion, implication or any other thing similar anyone would like to misconstrue the situation to be.

The fact Allomere expected Fal'Cie to be in Candiels Fields and then Zerujil is because he expects him to follow orders ; Which Is What Any General Expects. He doesn't expect them NOT to be followed. "We're moving to attack! ... but don't take my word on it". Does that mean just because his expectations aren't so he's going to punish the character on a point of player activity? No. Does it mean he's going to reprimand the marshal for not doing his job which is perfectly valid IC regardless of the player's OOC activity? Yes.

The issue is not about activity of the army, or Fal'Cie, or anyone in the realm. It is a General slapping a somewhat difficult Marshal into line with a bit of "You bore me, go kill yourself please", a bit of realm banter as a prelude to some roleplay. Roleplay which so far has never happened thanks to this.

Go the community.

Have fun debating this non point for those of you who wish to. I won't be commenting again.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:49:50 AM by Allomere »
Aurvandil - Knight Hausos At Arms Allomere de' Striguile
Vive le Souverain!!!
Ave Auziwandilaz!!!