Author Topic: Punishing Players for Not Moving within Half A Turn  (Read 45819 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I think it would be difficult to make a general assumption that any orders that have time frames/limits in them automatically violates the IR. This may have been how Titans have ruled in the past but as it was a closed system I suspect that the best option was to turn everything into a black and white scenario to make rulings easier and justifiable even if there were actually shades of grey.

If orders with time frames/limits violate the IR then the following would be wrong:
Move out now/before sunrise/after sunset.

I feel that there needs to be some allowance as time frames/limits are an essential - and more importantly - a natural part of orders. To artificially excise them from orders creates a mental disconnect and requires greater mental faculties and slips are bound to occur.

We did go over this earlier in the thread. Giving time frames for orders is fine. Giving an order with both a time frame and an explicit punishment if the order is not carried out in that time is not.

And I think the Titans among us might take umbrage at your insults to them.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan