Author Topic: A New Religion (Advice appreciated!)  (Read 19468 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: A New Religion (Advice appreciated!)
« Reply #45: July 12, 2012, 08:22:42 PM »
That's the point. :-)

I needed a word that meant Guardian so I reversed it - voila, Naidraug. Now, I need a good, well-flowing name that's easy to pronounce in my Latinized Arabesque accent yet different enough from the originating word. Naidraug... N-draug... En-draug... Endra... Ehndras. And there we go.

Most of my language came about that way.

If I had my lap... Wait, I brought my laptop to work today! Derp. I'll post from my laptop in a second, going to find my out-dated Lexicon of Arkhan'a (because I can't seem to find the modern one among the 15 copies of it I have :-|) and post some examples here.

Some words are purposely derived from real-life words, paying homage. Lucien, Lucius, Lucivel, obviously derived from Lux. Others are relatively derived, like "Kaanter", Language, being derived from "Prison Cant", a term for secret codes developed by gangs and secret organizations.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.