Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Guild guards

Started by Velax, June 20, 2012, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velax

How do you hire guards for a guildhall or temple? Do you have to be an elder member, does the hall/temple have to be a certain size, do you have to be the region lord of the region, etc, etc.

Draco Tanos

QuoteDo you have to be an elder member, does the hall/temple have to be a certain size, do you have to be the region lord of the region, etc, etc.
I believe so, yes (anything above size one I believe), no.
That works for religions anyway.  Not sure about guilds.

egamma

You need to be an elder.

JPierreD

What is their effect, besides increasing the upkeep?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

Guards help prevent temples/guildhouses from being looted by troops or razed/sacked by the lord. They are very effective.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Draco Tanos

Indirik is quite correct.  Back when Gregor was Duke of Westmoor his 100+ men went to sack the temple of the CoH in the city.  He was blocked six times before he sacked and closed it.

It was only a medium temple, so there could have only been a handful of guards.  No more than seven I want to say.

Velax

I, as an elder, am trying to hire guards for my level 3 guild house, but I cannot see the option anywhere.

Indirik

You cannot hire guards for a guild. They are only for temples. (Sorry, I just checked... I thought it was for both.)

Velax

Oh, that's disappointing. The bit in the "Manage Guildhouse" page that says "This level 3 guildhouse is being guarded by 0 guards" should probably be removed, then. Thanks for checking.

fodder

you can loot guilds, can't you?

should think guards would be good....
firefox

Indirik

Guilds cannot be looted by troops. i.e. you can't march an army onto foreign ground and loot down all their guilds. A lord has the option to "sack/raze" guildhouses, just like temples.