Author Topic: Power Ranking Discussion  (Read 31994 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: Power Ranking Discussion
« Reply #105: August 16, 2012, 02:44:20 AM »
Oh what fun indeed :P My recent manic foray RPing Alura as a Premenstrual flaming !@#$bag of rage(tm) was due to a massive pile of !!BULL!@#$!! going on in my business and personal life what with legal and personal issues but I've ironed both out and rather than have a failing business with an incompetent partner and a love-hate on-off thing with a stupid bitch. I'm now the sole owner of the company, kicked out my douchebag partner who happened to be my once-again-douchebag incompetent older half-brother, hired new employees to replaced the old manager who I fired for stealing from the company, and things are now going beautifully and I haven't enjoyed working this much in years. No, I've never actually enjoyed my job. :P Now, I'm actually enjoying it. WOO! Possibly hiring a 2nd employee, I'll be interviewing the guy officially Friday. Already checked his resume, did a preliminary phone interview follow-up, laid down the foundation for salary, hours, expectations, and duties, and got a list of business and personal references I'll be checking first thing tomorrow morning.

Things will get better, dude. Trust me when I say this. I'll explain what I mean via PM.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 04:03:26 AM by Ehndras »
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: August 16, 2012, 03:50:52 AM »
Terran's CS was actually briefly higher than theirs. Terran's army is the biggest it has ever, ever been.

Aurvandil has had food and control issues, secession, and we'll see if Fissoa does anything. Aurvandil is definitely weaker than in the past. Still very strong, but not as strong.
Yeah, Aurvandil's massive army isn't quite as massive as it use to be. I remember seeing a scout report of 35kCS marching towards Barca and being told OOC by someone that they had 5-10k back at home monster hunting. Now its just below 30kCS total, as in with militia. So their army is still large but not insanely huge anymore.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: August 16, 2012, 04:07:32 AM »
The problem with Aurvandil is that they have a massive amount of nobles, and of course, the bigger the army the more mouths to feed. Well, that and their attitude. I was actually split between Terran and Aurvandil on nations to join when I first came to Dwi. When the first Aurvandil RPs started rolling in before this conflict I really liked your RP quality, especially that one RP when you rolled into Barca's capitol. Priceless, masterfully executed, and beautiful. Its when the attitude, the self-righteousness, and the holier-than-thou behavior started rolling in that I sighed and thought "Oh great, its Kabrinskia all over again..."

I had once hoped Terran and Aurvandil might become friends, especially due to Terran's shifting political tides, but it looks like Aurvandil are digging themselves a deeper and deeper hole with every passing day...

I'm hoping we can all get out of this intact because I'd rather the southern lands not be utterly broken because that just means the Astrocracies and Lurias can start stealing lands and profit from our internal wars.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: August 16, 2012, 05:04:21 AM »
The problem with Aurvandil is that they have a massive amount of nobles, and of course, the bigger the army the more mouths to feed. Well, that and their attitude. I was actually split between Terran and Aurvandil on nations to join when I first came to Dwi. When the first Aurvandil RPs started rolling in before this conflict I really liked your RP quality, especially that one RP when you rolled into Barca's capitol. Priceless, masterfully executed, and beautiful. Its when the attitude, the self-righteousness, and the holier-than-thou behavior started rolling in that I sighed and thought "Oh great, its Kabrinskia all over again..."

I had once hoped Terran and Aurvandil might become friends, especially due to Terran's shifting political tides, but it looks like Aurvandil are digging themselves a deeper and deeper hole with every passing day...

I'm hoping we can all get out of this intact because I'd rather the southern lands not be utterly broken because that just means the Astrocracies and Lurias can start stealing lands and profit from our internal wars.

Aurvandil doesn't make friends. They use people to achieve their future goals.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: August 16, 2012, 05:14:20 AM »
Yeah, Aurvandil's massive army isn't quite as massive as it use to be. I remember seeing a scout report of 35kCS marching towards Barca and being told OOC by someone that they had 5-10k back at home monster hunting. Now its just below 30kCS total, as in with militia. So their army is still large but not insanely huge anymore.

Just saying expect our army to be up to size again soon. @ Ehndras Yea we are quite different in that we value honour more than anything else. With that being said, an Aurvandilian (is that even the correct term? I just always say Chevalier) sense of honour is really strange compared to others. If we found someone that shared our sense of honour Medicant might want to be friends with them.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: August 16, 2012, 05:34:15 AM »
If we found someone that shared our sense of honour Medicant might want to be friends with them.

Or kill them. About a 50/50 shot.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: August 16, 2012, 05:47:46 AM »
I share Aurvandil's sense of honor. I live by it. I chose Terran, honestly, because they seemed slower and more gradual. At the time I was looking for a nation in peace just to learn the ropes. I specifically researched every nation of interest and ruled out all those currently at war because I wanted to play peacefully until I knew what I was doing...

That obviously didn't go according to plan, what with me being a soldier, then Vice-Marshal, then Marshal, then Senator, and soon - more.

Nothing ever works out the way we plan... Thankfully. What a boring place this would be, eh?

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: August 16, 2012, 06:10:45 AM »
Wherever Solaria appears in a list, replace it with Luria. Solaria doesn't lead the rest of Luria, and we aren't taking the Sallowcape for ourselves. Nope. Someone else has plans for that.  :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 06:17:03 AM by Solari »

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: August 18, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
Wherever Solaria appears in a list, replace it with Luria. Solaria doesn't lead the rest of Luria, and we aren't taking the Sallowcape for ourselves. Nope. Someone else has plans for that.  :)

Yes, Solaria II has plans for that!
Ardet nec consumitur.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: August 19, 2012, 02:14:31 AM »

But...that completely blows my ideas out of the water. I mean Solaria controls Luria, Malus controls Solaria. Now Malus is an elder of SA, and while not controlled by SA is influenced by SA, so Brance controls SA and influences Malus, now Brance is controlled by Astrum, so Astrum controls Luria, and so SA controls Luria!

Now, I'm absolutely sure that there are absolutely no mistakes to my logic there only mistakes to my assertions. So, everyone fear SA!
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #115: August 19, 2012, 02:55:04 PM »
Solaria controls Luria

The more times you say this the less it is true, my friend.  Other Lurian realms, though lazy and boring, aren't stupid. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: August 20, 2012, 07:26:26 PM »
The more times you say this the less it is true, my friend.  Other Lurian realms, though lazy and boring, aren't stupid. :)

Wait so you mean what I'm doing is actually accomplishing something? Well that's a first.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #117: August 20, 2012, 09:42:49 PM »
Wait so you mean what I'm doing is actually accomplishing something? Well that's a first.

I wouldn't be quite so bold, my friend.  In time, in time, even a butterfly can... flap its wings. :P
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: August 20, 2012, 11:18:02 PM »

This, and the fact that Malus has zero interest in dominating Luria, and has said—and attempted to demonstrate—this from the beginning. Domination means exposure, and exposure invites unwanted attention. I just want a realm after the old fashion—realm-as-team—that can also be arsed to collect and sell its grain to the banker in an orderly fashion, and a Luria made up of single-city realms that can stop the cycle of endless cannibalization. Anyone who chats with me outside of the game knows this is my only real "issue", and something I'm perfectly happy to let bleed through into the character of Malus himself. If the other Lurias were dumb, it would be counterproductive to my own goals.  :)

Jim

« Reply #119: August 29, 2012, 11:14:52 PM »
 ::)