Author Topic: Emigration  (Read 7159 times)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Emigration
« Reply #15: June 24, 2012, 11:55:50 AM »
But this is a problem that is specific to these island regions. The vast majority of regions in the Far East, and every other continent, have other regions surrounding them on most or all sides.

I love that there are problems specific to some areas. If all regions were the same, it would be boring.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: June 25, 2012, 07:44:17 AM »
What messages are you getting about the region that could affect population? Battles or unrest? Do you have enough food?

Population not going up at all on its own means something is wrong. Either there is a negative factor stopping growth, or a bug. Because it *should* be gaining a few each day.

The people are hungry, despite having had food for about a week.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: June 25, 2012, 01:34:11 PM »
Hungry people could block immigration of peasants. Who wants to move somewhere there is no food?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: June 25, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »
I had a similar problem with Sallowtown. People need to come from an island or the desert and the desert only had a population of 6 when I became Duke of Sallowtown. It's taken a while but the city is now up to 67% of its' population max and grows daily. It'll happen but it all takes time.
Forbes Family

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: June 25, 2012, 08:44:16 PM »
I'm not asking for instant restoration. But this is a problem that is specific to these island regions. The vast majority of regions in the Far East, and every other continent, have other regions surrounding them on most or all sides. If they were devastated by war and by being rogue, they would get peasants immigrating in from several regions, as many as four or five. Six in some cases. Not one.

Isolation has it's advantages. Unfortunately, you also have to live with its drawbacks. If you get devastated, it will take a long time to restore, yes. But it's also much harder to devastate you to begin with. Most realms could theoretically be attacked on all sides. You can only be attacked via a choke point.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: June 25, 2012, 09:11:40 PM »
Yes, but unfortunately we were the ones to have to break the islands in the first place. It took RL years before we finally conquered them, and now we have to wait as long as another RL year before they recover? Fantastic.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #21: June 25, 2012, 09:31:31 PM »
But once they *are* recovered, everyone else will take forever to conquer you.  Seems worth the wait. ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: June 26, 2012, 12:04:25 AM »
Yes, but unfortunately we were the ones to have to break the islands in the first place. It took RL years before we finally conquered them, and now we have to wait as long as another RL year before they recover? Fantastic.

If you didn't want to gain devastated lands, all you had to do was hold back from devastating them in the first place...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: June 26, 2012, 07:30:30 AM »
Have another read, Chenier.

every region aside from one has been severely depopulated due to war, starvation and a long period of being rogue.

Anyway, the devs don't see it as a problem, so it's pointless me arguing further. Everyone is quick to forget how things used to be, how long it took for regions to recover and how much they bitched and complained and whined about it until it was changed. Now that it's just happening to someone else, it's something to be treasured for its advantages and variety.