Author Topic: recruitment center repair  (Read 3550 times)

Passeri

• Peasant
    • View Profile
recruitment center repair
« Topic Start: June 29, 2012, 02:20:25 PM »
Will enlarging a recruitment center repair some of the damage it has sustained? I am in danger of losing a very good recruitment center (is at 88% damage) and can't do anything about the production levels in the region. I was thinking that enlarging it might help me save the rc, the same way that when you add recruits (enlarge your unit) it reduces your equipment damage.

Advice?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: recruitment center repair
« Reply #1: June 29, 2012, 02:24:40 PM »
I don't think it will repair the damage, but I believe that when damage reaches 100%, it will go down a size instead of falling apart entirely.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #2: June 29, 2012, 02:45:22 PM »
I've heard that it will repair the RC. If not, then what Anaris said.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 29, 2012, 08:04:44 PM »
I've heard that it will repair the RC. If not, then what Anaris said.

Unless it has changed of late, I can confirm (based on reports from others), that it does not repair it.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 29, 2012, 08:15:14 PM »
well, you could think of it as a very expensive repair. enlarge it and watch it crumble and you get back a repaired centre of the old size.

of course... if your region is crumbling, then the centre will probably crumble again soon.

---
incidentally.. enlarging unit does not really decrease equipment damage. yes.. the % is decreased, but if anything, the enlarged unit cost even more time (maybe gold) to repair. 1 damaged sword out of ten is still 1 damaged sword when you add 20 new sword to it.

repair 1st, then recruit.
firefox

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 29, 2012, 09:28:37 PM »
Assuming you recruit troops of the same equipment quality, then it takes the exact same amount of time and gold to repair before you recruit as after. I have verified this via the dev server before.

I am not exactly sure what happens if you recruit different EQ levels. I suspect that recruiting worse EQ will make it cheaper/faster, and better EQ will make it costlier/slower.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 29, 2012, 10:43:12 PM »
might well be... didn't document what the unit stats were when it happened. (half a year ago)
...85 men, i guess it might not have been sf (which would have definitely meant same stats)

will have a look when the knight's wounds are healed... he's got sf now.. so... will be same stat.
firefox

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #7: June 30, 2012, 01:08:49 AM »
Assuming you recruit troops of the same equipment quality, then it takes the exact same amount of time and gold to repair before you recruit as after. I have verified this via the dev server before.

I am not exactly sure what happens if you recruit different EQ levels. I suspect that recruiting worse EQ will make it cheaper/faster, and better EQ will make it costlier/slower.

Yes, but the lessened equipment damage will make your unit CS go up in that respect.

egamma

« Reply #8: June 30, 2012, 02:23:56 AM »
Yes, but the lessened equipment damage will make your unit CS go up in that respect.

But if your goal is to save on repair costs, recruiting first doesn't help (or hurt). I remember these tests being done a year or two ago by someone else, there's no difference.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #9: June 30, 2012, 04:37:55 AM »
Yes, but I wasn't talking about helping with repairing weapons. ^_^

Passeri

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 30, 2012, 01:00:40 PM »
Thank you, everyone, for the answers. And yes, I understand that recruiting more troops does not actually "repair" equipment but distribute that damage across a larger number thereby decreasing it... I just wondered if the same principals applied to recruitment centers. 

Thanks. :)