Author Topic: Predictions of the EC Wars  (Read 66935 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions of the EC Wars
« Reply #135: June 16, 2011, 12:07:04 PM »
Because tactical secessions are highly illegal.

tactital for the deuchy in the sense that the duchy is able to simple remain control so far from the capital.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: June 16, 2011, 12:18:02 PM »
I didn't notice any major control problems anywhere during my stay in Caligus. If there are any problems they will be minor, and they can be resolved by other means than secession.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: June 16, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »
Dobromir has his realms in hands. I don't doubt that. Sometimes though I have the feeling they lack the greater "statesmen" that Perdan does have.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: June 16, 2011, 02:39:24 PM »
Nightmare really has his stuff together. He's got the reputation, connections, and skill to work wonders on the diplomatic front.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: June 16, 2011, 03:17:28 PM »
Aside from maintaining the status quo, I cant see much in the way of diplomatic options for Perdan. I suppose they could get a bit closer to Sirion, but everyone else is already an ally (Caligus and OI), a hated enemy (Ibladesh), barely alive (Fontan and SoA) or... Westmoor.
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: June 16, 2011, 03:29:42 PM »
Fontan... is an empty shell. I think it is still surviving on inertia alone.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: June 16, 2011, 05:26:19 PM »
I didn't notice any major control problems anywhere during my stay in Caligus. If there are any problems they will be minor, and they can be resolved by other means than secession.

But that probably means some regions have to keep taxes below 10%.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: June 17, 2011, 06:35:29 PM »
If Caligus/Perdan will win this war, they will grow really big...
can't wait for the secession and rebellions to happen afterwards.
Caligus could also create a north and south Caligus, or even divide it into three factions.
Thinking of it, why did Caligus not tactically seceed the southern duchy yet?

Great part of Caligus' income comes from the southern duchy.

If they lose the duchy, they lose a good amout of income, and with them holding Leibo, they also have a great food source region.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #143: June 17, 2011, 06:51:31 PM »
Leibo is destroyed. It produces nothing at all.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: June 17, 2011, 07:05:03 PM »
Great part of Caligus' income comes from the southern duchy.

If they lose the duchy, they lose a good amout of income, and with them holding Leibo, they also have a great food source region.

Hamadan produces more gold than Isadril. Not in total, but what is left over after paying for the militia.  8)
Ardet nec consumitur.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: June 17, 2011, 09:20:14 PM »
Hamadan and Domus. Who knows what long that will stay  ::)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Woelfen

• Knight
  • Falling awake
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: June 20, 2011, 11:25:55 AM »
I myself have been rather bored as a Priest-Lord in Perdan. Things've been quite quiet since the death of Queen Balkeese on the political front, and Sanctus Acies has been almost silent except for the occasional lord temple creation or a few religion reports between the other priests and myself. Perdan's military has really kicked it up a notch despite the quietness for me. I'm sure there are a lot more messages sent within the armies than I see, not being able to assign myself for some reason... :(

And I will state that there was some bad tension in Caligus before I left. Perhaps once it gets sorted they can get the military back on the proper track, it had some good momentum but lost it somewhere along the way.

skiarxon@gmail.com

« Reply #147: June 20, 2011, 01:38:20 PM »
I myself have been rather bored as a Priest-Lord in Perdan. Things've been quite quiet since the death of Queen Balkeese on the political front, and Sanctus Acies has been almost silent except for the occasional lord temple creation or a few religion reports between the other priests and myself. Perdan's military has really kicked it up a notch despite the quietness for me. I'm sure there are a lot more messages sent within the armies than I see, not being able to assign myself for some reason... :(

And I will state that there was some bad tension in Caligus before I left. Perhaps once it gets sorted they can get the military back on the proper track, it had some good momentum but lost it somewhere along the way.

Priests cannot be assigned to armies :P

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #148: June 20, 2011, 01:50:28 PM »
...Sanctus Acies has been almost silent except for the occasional lord temple creation or a few religion reports between the other priests and myself.
It always has been. It has occasionally gone for months and months without a single message being passed. This is a consequence of the fact that the "religion" of Sanctus Acies really has no substance.

Perdan's military has really kicked it up a notch despite the quietness for me. I'm sure there are a lot more messages sent within the armies than I see, not being able to assign myself for some reason... :(
Standard for Perdan, really. It has historically been a very strategy-oriented realm. There have been times over the years when various people have been very involved in certain RP threads, but most of the realm has always been pretty quiet.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #149: June 22, 2011, 04:15:57 PM »
It always has been. It has occasionally gone for months and months without a single message being passed. This is a consequence of the fact that the "religion" of Sanctus Acies really has no substance.

There was even a time when the religion had only one priest (me)...SA could really have some substance, but with the creator having RL problems and disapeering some times, it got dificult to continue with the RP to create substance...

the idea that they don´t interefere in govermment issues also doesn´t help to give substance.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic