Author Topic: Predictions of the EC Wars  (Read 66994 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions of the EC Wars
« Reply #90: May 08, 2011, 01:38:39 PM »
Actually, Ibladesh didn't seem so interested in the Diocese surrendering. When those discussions finally started (or at least reached my ears, as I stepped down from Archbishop, albeit I'm still an Elder of the Church), it was already way too late and Aix was burned down. If they had started earlier, they might have been more productive.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 01:53:23 PM by Telrunya »

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #91: May 08, 2011, 08:58:48 PM »
I've geared myself for a though war. It would be dissappointing if Perdan wouldn't continue.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: May 09, 2011, 03:11:58 AM »
With what the newly appointed Duke of Aix did, there will be no mercy.   >:(  >:(  >:(

Wow... Bad, bad move. Sure, Ibladesh keeps those cavalry out of Perdan's hands, but between them and Caligus they were beating the pants off of Ibladesh just fine without them. What Ibladesh needs is to conclude a separate peace. I see the odds of that happening being much worse now.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: May 09, 2011, 04:17:48 AM »
Wow... Bad, bad move. Sure, Ibladesh keeps those cavalry out of Perdan's hands, but between them and Caligus they were beating the pants off of Ibladesh just fine without them. What Ibladesh needs is to conclude a separate peace. I see the odds of that happening being much worse now.

Sometimes winning or even surviving is not the main priority of a realm.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Woelfen

• Knight
  • Falling awake
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: May 09, 2011, 05:39:02 AM »
What about me make peace, Perdan has a breather, Ibladesh stomps Caligus a bit (Perdan shouldn't have a problem with this, they aren't that close...), then then we go back at it in a few months. Once Caligus is the lesser of us two  :P

I definitely do not see any part of this happening outside of an Ibladeshian dream. Perdan doesn't need the breather, Ibladesh hasn't done much stomping of Caligus aside from the initial push, the Perdan-Caligus relations have increased fairly well as far I as I know, and after the war is over, Ibladesh will be a word only mentioned when talking about the city.  8)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: May 09, 2011, 10:05:07 AM »
I definitely do not see any part of this happening outside of an Ibladeshian dream. Perdan doesn't need the breather, Ibladesh hasn't done much stomping of Caligus aside from the initial push, the Perdan-Caligus relations have increased fairly well as far I as I know, and after the war is over, Ibladesh will be a word only mentioned when talking about the city.  8)

Nah, I'm all for a good war  ;D. It will takes a very long time for Ibladesh to be totally destroyed. First, neither Perdan nor Caligus has the nobles to fill the lands of Ibladesh with your banner or that of a colony. Second, we are still the wealthiest realm on the continent and although you may be progressing in your goals, no lands has been taken from us so far. Now with more nobles from the Diocese our other plans that have been put off will be once again reinstated. These schemes are always my favorite ;) I can't wait to see how this war develops in the coming months.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: May 09, 2011, 12:22:19 PM »
No lands have been taken from Ibladesh, because all losses have been incurred by the Diocese. And the Perdanite Army that caused that will soon be on Ibladesh's doorstep.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #97: May 09, 2011, 01:17:10 PM »
Then we must prepare ourselves to send Perdan home with their tails between their legs.  ;) But seriously, the nobles from Aix can now recruit a decent unit. That might give our armies the extra stregth we need to decide the next battles to our advantage. Staying optimistic here.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #98: May 09, 2011, 03:03:16 PM »
Hm, I don't know...It sounds difficult to recruit without any regions. Guess y'all are heading back to Ibladesh.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: May 09, 2011, 05:02:57 PM »
I don't think that anyone believes the Perdan/Caligus v. Ibladesh war will be a short one. The good wars usually aren't. I think this one will last a while. DoctorHarte is right, Perdan and Caligus don't have the nobles (yet) to recolonize Ibladeshian lands with new realms. But if we keep on winning, the usual migration of nobles away from Ibladesh and toward Perdan/Caligus will start to take their toll.

As for the Westmoor betrayal of Perdan/Caligus, I think Caligus sees it as more of a betrayal than Perdan does. If the current regime is kicked out, and a new regime can come to power, there may be a way to salvage the relationship there. It will definitely take some fast talking, though. As for Westmoor/Caligus, I don't think Caligus will be willing to forgive so quickly. Westmoor actually turned and attacked Caligus, while it never reached open warfare with Perdan.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: May 09, 2011, 05:04:55 PM »
As for the Westmoor betrayal of Perdan/Caligus

What is this betrayal of Westmoor to Caligus?

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: May 09, 2011, 05:34:28 PM »
Caligus and the previous Westmoor regime were friends. This is King Jor's regime, which took over from Queen Micna following a rebellion. Jor was not part of the rebellion itself. The rebels all quit, I think, after being investigated for OOC clanning and multi-accounting. (I'm a bit fuzzy on that whole sequence of events.) After the rebel regime toppled, Jor's party moved in and took over.

Jor somehow managed to alienate most of his realm, probably due to his diplomatic choices in being friendly toward Caligus, and not liking the Sultanate. After he was protested out of office, the current ruler moved in. He immediately canceled all alliances, reset diplomacy, and went neutral for a time. A week or so later, Westmoor issued some "give us land or else" manifestos to both Perdan and Caligus. Caligus said "get stuffed", so Westmoor declared war on Caligus and attacked. Westmoor failed spectacularly in several attacks. Perdan's answer was "We're too busy right now to deal with this. We're not even going to discuss it until our current war is over." Westmoor was too busy losing battles to Caligus and Sirion to consider declaring war and attacking Perdan.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: May 09, 2011, 06:37:08 PM »
Actually King Jor took over after King Corwin stepped down who was the King that took over after the whole rebellion stuff. Considering how King Jor got thrown out quickly when his friendly action with Caligus got revealed, I wouldn't say that Westmoor as whole was ever on good terms with Caligus. Thus no betrayal, but because how King Jor apparently acted made it seem like it was sorta. I would say the betrayal of Pedan is justifiable though, but not Caligus.

Woelfen

• Knight
  • Falling awake
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: May 09, 2011, 10:59:39 PM »
Westmoor trying to hit Caligus while they are fighting Ibladesh in the South is justification enough for me to want to war Westmoor.

Not to mention a former Judge of Westmoor was a torturer.  ((we've got our IG reasons covered))

Yeah, Westmoor might be a while off, but I will watch it burn to the ground. The exact same as I plan on doing to the Church of Ibladesh.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #104: May 09, 2011, 11:10:48 PM »
Not to mention a former Judge of Westmoor was a torturer.  ((we've got our IG reasons covered))
I've seen you people claim this, yet you never seem to be able to give a name.  Funny how that works.