Author Topic: Predictions of the EC Wars  (Read 67009 times)

Woelfen

• Knight
  • Falling awake
    • View Profile
Re: Predictions of the EC Wars
« Reply #105: May 09, 2011, 11:30:30 PM »
Is it bad that I want to have an actual IG surprise? It's not funny at all, it's me wanting to enjoy my come-uppance. I have 1 character that was tortured in Westmoor, and I'd like to take my time exacting vengeance. It's called character development.

It's not like we'd bother making it up mate, Westmoor screwed the pooch as it were, and in due time I'll shout off myself who it was that erred so badly.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #106: May 10, 2011, 02:09:41 AM »
I'm just sad that the Diocese's awesome banner will now no longer appear on the map. Thanks to Shenron for making that piece of art and may his banners colour the Battlemaster Continents :) Rulers take note of him! Take your chance to gloat over your enemies with a superior banner! ;)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: May 10, 2011, 02:14:03 AM »
Who knows, we might see those dark greens glide across the map at some point  8)
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #108: May 10, 2011, 02:17:48 AM »
Shenron's banners are freakin' awesome.  Perdan and Caligus should totally snag one for the new colony...
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: May 10, 2011, 02:49:05 AM »
Or update your current ones with it *hint* *hint*

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110: May 10, 2011, 06:20:25 PM »
Perdan will not be changing banners any time soon. We already have one that we like.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #111: May 10, 2011, 10:56:46 PM »
It reminds me of a plaque I once saw hanging on a wall.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: May 12, 2011, 06:42:53 PM »
Perdan is doing great. Finishing off DoA now huh. And Caligus is somehow pushing back. What is happening with Ibladesh? I mean how are they suddenly losing the war.

GeneralĀ“s incompetence. Right now we get 3-4 diferent orders in 5 minutes.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #113: May 16, 2011, 10:05:38 AM »
GeneralĀ“s incompetence. Right now we get 3-4 diferent orders in 5 minutes.
That's not true. He might expect much of us, but he is certainly not imcompetent. I've served with him back in the days of Tasalak.
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: May 16, 2011, 04:49:54 PM »
He's a good player and one of our best bets for General. He knows what he's doing, Caligus and Perdan are only just reaching our borders with offensives - Igno was nothing. When it becomes a defensive war for us it will become increasingly hard to hold an offensive on Ibladesh.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: May 16, 2011, 09:05:56 PM »
Depends on whether anyone listens when certain people keep pointing out the big weakness of Ibladesh...

But yes, it's going to be a nasty war.  When Soliferum got pushed back to this point, the war ground to a stalemate for months.  I don't expect this is going to be that bad because Soliferum had narrowed the front to the two northern cities and Ibladesh has plenty of open space we can maneuver into, but we don't have as big a CS advantage as the coalition on the Far East had, either..
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: May 16, 2011, 09:38:37 PM »
Depends on whether anyone listens when certain people keep pointing out the big weakness of Ibladesh...

True, for both sides :) Ah well, wars are never set. We'll see how it goes. The course of a war can easily change, you gotta love BM for that!

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: May 16, 2011, 10:41:24 PM »
The course of a war can easily change, you gotta love BM for that!

Yep. The southern wars have gone back and forth for *years* now. I remember when I joined during The Great War, everyone thought that Ibladesh would die for sure, they were so horrible at fighting. (Even their allies laughed at them.) Then they turned it around and were on the winning side against Perdan. But then later on Perdan turned it around and crushed Ibladesh to retake all their land. Then Ibladesh got into a war with Itorunt, and everyone *knew* that Itorunt would kill Ibladesh. Then Ibladesh turned it around, and Itorunt took a nose dive, resulting in Itorunt dying. Then Ibladesh/Caligus got into a war with Perdan, and nearly destroyed Perdan. Then when the Perdan/Caligus v Ibladesh/Diocese war started, everyone knew that Ibladesh would crush Perdan/Caligus. But that hasn't happened, and Perdan/Caligus are actually winning, and starting to take the fight back to Ibladesh.

That's a lot of back and forth. And that's why you fight it out to the end. It's way too early to call a victory in this war. What we're seeing now is only the latest direction of the ebb and flow of the battle lines.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Galvez

• Mighty Duke
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #118: May 17, 2011, 02:35:49 AM »
What we're seeing now is only the latest direction of the ebb and flow of the battle lines.
Just poetic. I applaud to that.  :D
"Men willingly believe what they wish." - Julius Caesar

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: May 24, 2011, 04:29:43 PM »
Diplomatic News   (7 minutes ago)
The realms of Sirion and Fontan have signed a peace treaty.

Quite the news I would say. A war started around summer 2007 is now over :) 4 years. not bad.