Author Topic: A Matter Of Honour // This-Is-How-You-Declare-War.  (Read 73820 times)

egamma

The description on the wiki indeed dates back to the time Ordenstaat ruled over the city of Rettleville.

But about the role-play of Allomere. I applaud his writing style and his efforts to write a role-play before declaring war, however many details about how my city should look like or how my peasants are dressed and whatever are imposed on me. And I am not the one to write a role-play back to correct everything mentioned in the role-play and make it look like Allomere was drunk or on drugs when he said it. Besides that, I can hardly confront Allomere as my character would have little in-game knowledge about what has been said by Allomere before he entered the city, because most likely Julius was sitting on his ass in his ducal palace during that time.

That I haven't wrote a region description myself is because I have just been appointed as Governor of Rettleville. That doesn't mean that I haven't thought about it, and I certainly have a Carthaginian-esque culture in mind.

What I do, just ignore the role-play and write my own description when I have time for it.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Serious_Medieval_Atmosphere
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/RP_Primer#Do.27s_and_Don.27ts

Don't RP other peoples' characters for them. This is a form of "powerplaying" and happens when, for example, you RP something with a serious effect on another character without their permission.

If you want, you can bring a Magistrate case against Allomere. Otherwise, stop complaining about it.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
If you want, you can bring a Magistrate case against Allomere. Otherwise, stop complaining about it.

For what its worth, I think that was Galvez' first comment.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

egamma

Then direct it at whoever raised the complaint first.

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
The description on the wiki indeed dates back to the time Ordenstaat ruled over the city of Rettleville.

But about the role-play of Allomere. I applaud his writing style and his efforts to write a role-play before declaring war, however many details about how my city should look like or how my peasants are dressed and whatever are imposed on me. And I am not the one to write a role-play back to correct everything mentioned in the role-play and make it look like Allomere was drunk or on drugs when he said it. Besides that, I can hardly confront Allomere as my character would have little in-game knowledge about what has been said by Allomere before he entered the city, because most likely Julius was sitting on his ass in his ducal palace during that time.

That I haven't wrote a region description myself is because I have just been appointed as Governor of Rettleville. That doesn't mean that I haven't thought about it, and I certainly have a Carthaginian-esque culture in mind.

What I do, just ignore the role-play and write my own description when I have time for it.

Don't worry soon you wont have a city or peasants to be offended about :)

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
So, getting rid of all the superfluous crap, Aurvandil tool three regions from Barca that didn't belong to them, and the Aurvandil response to Barca's failed negotiations is to...take more regions?

Because our Ambassador insulted them apparently, after they've done nothing but insult Barcan leadership, Barca as a whole, Barca's choice in Government, and the Veinsormoot. Up until this point, we'd been nothing but friendly.

*shrug*
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
So guys...how about that battle? 3000 men is a little excessive lol. The poor moot got roflstomped.

egamma

So guys...how about that battle? 3000 men is a little excessive lol. The poor moot got roflstomped.

Yes indeed. Half the 'Moot's troops were defensive, half were aggressive--so half our forces charged forward, and Aurvandil got to eat us in bite-sized pieces, which made it even worse.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Yea i saw that in the AAR. That's unfortunate for yall.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Yeah... didn't help that we had an archer-heavy force on a windy day, Barca's military leadership is in disarray (general paused or something), and Aurvandil had 60 banners.

Not terribly shocking. We'll just have to get better next time.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
So, did the poop I took in Mendicant's bed have anything to do with this war? Oh, I hope so.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
D'Hara & Terran: We will help you by attacking Aurvandil

Barca: Thanks, but we don't need your help. We almost have peace.

D'Hara & Terran: Well, thats too bad, we're gonna do it anyway. We need the food from the regions that you lost.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Well, now they should have a whole lot of dead horses to eat around the 'Moot realms!

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Yeah... didn't help that we had an archer-heavy force on a windy day, Barca's military leadership is in disarray (general paused or something), and Aurvandil had 60 banners.

Not terribly shocking. We'll just have to get better next time.

That relies heavily upon the assumption that Aurvandil will let you rally a joint army again, which is rather contraindicated by our usual quick and decisive military strategy of going for the jugular right of the bat, and since Barca rallied to fight us whilst in peace talks, we aren't inclined to be merciful this time around.

D'Hara & Terran: Well, thats too bad, we're gonna do it anyway. We need the food from the regions that you lost.

Which is amusing because all D'Hara had to do was ask for trade, as they did in the past many times and we could have sold them thousands of bushels in a week, even during the war with Barca we would have sold them food if they asked. Now the Veinsormoot will find a lot more on the line for them than just food.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile

Correction:

D'Hara and Terran: Repeated reasonable queries about war, its possibility, etc

Barca: Yes, rally your armies.

D'Hara and Terran: Okay. We'll commit to this if you need us to.

Barca: Cool deal bro.

(two weeks later)

D'Hara and Terran: Okay, we're ready for war.

Barca: Oh sorry lol jk. We were just !@#$ing with you.

D'Hara and Terran: Oh, so you horribly botched your foreign affairs and managed to be a cluster!@#$? Again?

Barca: Well sure if you wanna attack Aurvandil we'll support you.

D'Hara and Terran: Yeah, we're kinda starving here.

Barca: Oh by the way we're going to have the wrong marshal settings, our general abandon us, and our nobles marching in the wrong direction. Is that okay?

D'Hara and Terran: ....

(possible future)

Terran: Wanna kill Barca?

D'Hara: Hell to the yes.

:P

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I think we have already done a pretty good job of killing barca so far. Y'all sure you don't wanna just be friends  :P .