Author Topic: A Matter Of Honour // This-Is-How-You-Declare-War.  (Read 73837 times)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Mendicant does have a habit of asking why Allomere hasn't died yet.

Allomere can't live forever, and it's just unseemly that he's trying to.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Oh Allomere you are cray cray!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Mongol Horde? Oh no no, Allomere much more thinks of himself as a French-Imperial Napoleon-esque sort of character.

French-Imperial? Napoleon-esque? ???
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
I declare war on Jpierre
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
French-Imperial? Napoleon-esque? ???

Omg its not SMA !!!!

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
I can't believe it's not SMA.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Omg its not SMA !!!!

This is what SMA has become: just mockery.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Mockery? Hardly, I see Aurvandiil and many others trying really hard to bring depth and interest to BM. If BM is about cultures and civilizations and war then there is no way that BM can be entirely restricted to something as vague as an SMA that is static. It is up to Tom to code in how he wants the game to be, if we are supposed to be SMA then remove every title except medievals ones, make a list of accepted religion types that players can choose from. That way no one can go outside of th boundaries, no new ideas need be introduced, we can play battlemaster without these issues constantly coming up. Instead we can play stats master and whine and complain about HP/MP and unit strength.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
stuff
You are mocking SMA, he wasn't saying Aurvandil was. SMA doesn't mean no new ideas. Religion wise quit whining that people weren't sure if worshipping a fruit is really SMA considering it has no deities or any kind of higher power. If it was a guild no one would have thought otherwise but its a little out there for a religion so people weren't sure.  For titles, if it is something obviously not SMA it should be removed but I haven't seen a title yet that I didn't consider SMA.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Oh god can you please not bring up the religion bit. I was having fun woth you guys, poking fun. You guys take every bleeping thing I bleeping say so bleeping serious... So bleeping stop it already.

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
I'll bleep  whenever I feel like it and there's nothing you can do about it
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Zakilevo

People are keep saying SMA but Dwlight doesn't feel that serious. If it really was serious, all realms would be somewhat close to theocracies. States and religions were very close and there was no such thing as no religion. No temples allowed? are you kidding me? That shouldn't even be allowed :p banning all religions during the middle age? really?

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
People are keep saying SMA but Dwlight doesn't feel that serious. If it really was serious, all realms would be somewhat close to theocracies. States and religions were very close and there was no such thing as no religion. No temples allowed? are you kidding me? That shouldn't even be allowed :p banning all religions during the middle age? really?

The main problem is that people all have differing idea's about what the "Serious" part means. In my opinion it was never meant to enforce strict historically accurate Western European cultural systems.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile

Well, after seeing the Napoleon bit it all starts to makes sense. They are using another epoch for reference. After the French Revolution the "no religions" and "all hail Nappy" makes total sense. The problem, you know, is that it's not medieval. Why in Dwilight, I wonder?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Well, after seeing the Napoleon bit it all starts to makes sense. They are using another epoch for reference. After the French Revolution the "no religions" and "all hail Nappy" makes total sense. The problem, you know, is that it's not medieval. Why in Dwilight, I wonder?

As far as I know they don't ban religions, just the building of temples.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.