Author Topic: Adventurers  (Read 4602 times)

Bengrindy

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Adventurers
« Topic Start: July 01, 2012, 11:28:52 AM »
Just a suggestion but I think that there should be a way of lords to give reccomendations for killing monsters and undead in their regions. Maybe you could tie it in with collecting a certain amount of bounties or something?

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurers
« Reply #1: July 01, 2012, 12:41:08 PM »
No, that would make recommendations piece of cake. In medieval society there was a incredibly strict division between the elite noblity and peasants. Giving a recommendation means you think that that peasant is fit to be a noble. Unless an adventurer did something greatly useful, there was no chance that the noblity would even think about it.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Bengrindy

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 01, 2012, 12:57:40 PM »
I just think that it would make it more interesting that way. The lord wouldn't have to give a rec and he could use the advy as more of a servant in his service and reward him with what the lord sees fit; a reccomendation for long service.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 01, 2012, 04:01:06 PM »
How can you know how much service the advy provides, apart from taking frequent looks at his H/P? But I do agree with you that there should be more ways to give recommendations to an adventurer, other than the unique item one.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: July 01, 2012, 05:40:42 PM »
There are reasons the system is set up as it is, changes like this would require further challenges to the game to balance that out.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 01, 2012, 06:02:28 PM »
How can you know how much service the advy provides, apart from taking frequent looks at his H/P? But I do agree with you that there should be more ways to give recommendations to an adventurer, other than the unique item one.
I would like more ways to get reccomendations but if there were you would have to get more reccomendations total to become a noble because it should take a long time to become a noble, which it does right now.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Bengrindy

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 01, 2012, 09:41:03 PM »
Yeah it's not so much the time to become a noble that I would like shortening but more activity for the class. For example, I have been having trouble finding other advys to join mine in hunting monsters and to be honest there isn't much motivation to. I think that it would be a fun class to play if there was more interaction with other characters. I imagine been in sort of a band of advys doing work for the king or a lord. I'm not exactly sure on what to add; maybe other people have ideas. Something like been able to hunt for infiltrators or priests just so that they get more involvement in the game or a way of them progressing through to be a noble through religion and starting off a a monk or something. I don't mean just to progress quickly through the advy period but giving people a reason to play in the class rather than just wanting an extra noble

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 11, 2012, 09:46:17 PM »
I paused my advy because the gameplay got very repetitive. It'd be much more fun if adventurer was a subclass of a new class Freeman that gave a broader range of options, perhaps with some other subclasses like Bandit, Scout, Scholar, Engineer, Merchant or Mercenary that could assist nobles without taking the focus away from them.

Playing a commoner would then be an interesting end in itself.

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: July 11, 2012, 11:10:58 PM »
I paused my advy because the gameplay got very repetitive. It'd be much more fun if adventurer was a subclass of a new class Freeman that gave a broader range of options, perhaps with some other subclasses like Bandit, Scout, Scholar, Engineer, Merchant or Mercenary that could assist nobles without taking the focus away from them.

Playing a commoner would then be an interesting end in itself.

BM's main focus is nobles. There were many suggestions to improve advs but Tom hammered them all.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 11, 2012, 11:27:39 PM »
To me advies are an annoying game to get a skilled swordsman noble in the future through recommendations.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Zakilevo

« Reply #10: July 12, 2012, 12:42:52 AM »
To me advies are an annoying game to get a skilled swordsman noble in the future through recommendations.

Only way to reach 100% :p Unless we get those good old days of continued tournaments back.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #11: July 12, 2012, 03:46:43 AM »
I know!  What's up with that?  Large realms + not many wars + more gold than ever due to better estates => no tourneys?!?! >:(
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.