Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Succession Fort—Angnomal, "Redstaff"  (Read 59510 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I have found a site, and checked it out.

The western part of it is a tree-covered plain, with a stream in the far southwest corner. The cliffs thrust sharply up out of the plain just east of the middle of the embark area, with the highest peak nearly 40 z-levels above the ground. The lava tube's top is 25 levels above the ground.  Our parent civilization, Dalzatlokum, "The Matched Spears," is just a little ways north of us, and they are a mighty dwarven empire.

Everything is frozen now, but it should thaw within the month. 

Here is the embark set I picked (this is one part I'm not that great at, so please excuse the haphazardness of it):
Code: [Select]
Zeneg Tangathkilrud: Proficient Miner, Adequate Building Designer, Novice Potter
Zulban Ducimonol, expedition leader: Proficient Miner, Adequate Appraiser, Novice Negotiator, Adequate Judge of Intent
Kivish Bufutsibrek: Novice Wood Cutter, Competent Carpenter, Novice Wood Crafter, Novice Stone Crafter, Novice Bone Carver
Ducim Nishabod: Competent Marksdwarf, Competent Dodger, Competent Ambusher, Novice Swimmer
Vabok Rullokum: Novice Mason, Adequate Fish Dissector, Competent Fish Cleaner, Competent Fisherdwarf
Adil Inalnish: Novice Wood Cutter, Competent Brewer, Competent Grower, Competent Herbalist
Bembul Saramathel: Adequate Butcher, Adequate Tanner, Novice Wood Crafter, Novice Stone Crafter, Adequate Leatherworker, Adequate Record Keeper

2 copper picks
2 copper battle axes
1 iron anvil
20 dwarven rum
20 dwarven ale
20 dwarven wine
8 plump helmet spawn
3 pig tail seeds
5 sweet pod seeds
5 rock nuts
5 dimple cup spawn
15 prepared deer heart
15 cave lobster
15 plump helmets
3 pig tail thread
2 pig tail cloth
3 pig tail cloth bags
2 pig tail cloth ropes
1 turkey leather quiver
1 chestnut bucket
1 copper crossbow
15 copper bolts
1 female war dog
1 male dog
1 female cat
1 male cat

The name of the fort is Angnomal, "Redstaff."

The name of the group is Kon Nokzam, "The Master of Battles."

Initial images of the embark area:

Full size (Warning: 3456x3456 pixels, very large!):
Z-level -1, showing the locations of the river and pools
Z-level 0, showing the location of the wagon, the volcano, and the mountains

80% Smaller (691x691 pixels):
Z-level -1, showing the locations of the river and pools
Z-level 0, showing the location of the wagon, the volcano, and the mountains

Please make any comments, suggestions, criticisms, or complaints now. 

Once they are out of the way, I'd like to do at least some collective planning of what the fort should look like.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan