Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Succession Fort—Angnomal, "Redstaff"  (Read 59633 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Looks good to me.

But what kind of collective planning are you thinking of doing? I don't want too much, um..., "OOC planning", for lack of a better term.

Mostly just some ideas about how to set up the fortress.

Personally, I've never actually planned much of anything about my forts in the past; they've just sort of grown as I became able to do new things, and therefore needed places to put said things.

For this one, I'd say we should dig back into the mountain pretty much straight north from where we are, carving out an initial dorm room, a farm out of the loamy part, and probably some stockpiles a level down; there should be loam under the plains that we can use as easy stockpilage. We've got an anvil, and we've got magma, so we should start making some magma channels under the level we want the main workshops to be on.  Not sure where that should be, precisely.

If you'd all rather I just sort of set things up wherever seems reasonable, I'll be happy to do so; I just thought I'd see if anyone had any better ideas ;)

Oh! One other thing:

Which dwarf does each person want to bear their name?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan