Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Succession Fort—Angnomal, "Redstaff"  (Read 59526 times)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
I'll take "Adil Inalnish: Novice Wood Cutter, Competent Brewer, Competent Grower, Competent Herbalist".  He (or she?!?!?!) should remain useful throughout. ;)

By the way, don't worry about embarks.  Though I'm one of those people who like to take exactly 21 of each wine (to get an extra barrel) and 1 of each kind of meat (again, more barrels), I don't think embarks are that important.  The structure/traffic control/workshop and stockpile locations are much more important. :D

I haven't worked with magma much, so any set up there'd be appreciated.  For the rest, I normally set up a huge stockpile of everything on the initial level or a few down, but it's up to you.  With workshops, I like to have 5x5 work areas where the outer layer is a stockpile of raw materials for the workshop, again, just personal preference.  In general, I like to set up 3 wide corridors from the start to make sure traffic is never that much of a problem. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.