Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Succession Fort—Angnomal, "Redstaff"  (Read 59644 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
1 Limestone, 1051
Autumn has come.

The end of summer was a hot, lazy time.  Not that we didn't get a lot done, but I suppose the initial stages where every little thing is an accomplishment, simply because it's the first, are past now.  We've got all our major stockpiles laid out now.  The workshop level is about half dug, and most of the magma channels are prepared, though still only the first one is filled.  I have ordered the collection of sand for a magma furnace that is now ready and waiting at the western end of the channel.

Telrunya is back out hunting again, now that he's got some more bolts (it's apparently fiendishly difficult for Kivish, the carpenter and bone carver, to get his work done while trying to manhandle the huge stack of giant moose cow bones in his workshop...I suggested that he only bring one bone to the workshop at a time, and I swear, the guy looked at me like I'd grown pointy ears).

The dining room now has a dozen tables and chairs in it, and the dormitory will shortly have a dozen beds (once Kivish is done with the bones and can finish making them...).

We did have a little trouble with one of the yak bulls getting upset that the llama was crowding it.  Both the yak bulls have now been moved to their own separate pastures, and we've had no more trouble from them.

I'm looking forward to the arrival of the caravan from the Mountainhome, and our liaison, later in the fall.  I hope we will be able to produce enough goods here by the time they arrive to trade for all that we need.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan