Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Succession Fort—Angnomal, "Redstaff"  (Read 59723 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
1 Moonstone, 1051

Winter is upon us.

The caravan came this month, and I was able to buy some useful stuff from them.  A whole bunch of leather and cloth, which should mean we can make plenty of bags and some leather armour.  Also picked up some raw crystal glass; we don't have the wherewithal to make it here, and I doubt we ever will, since the equipment required is pretty specialized.  I got quite a bit of food from them, too, so we'll be in better shape for the winter (not that I'm worried; between our farming and hunting, we shouldn't have any trouble feeding this fortress for the foreseeable future).

We have the ramp up to the new entrance nearly finished, and the main pathway through the spur is dug.  That level is being hollowed out to provide storage space (so as to avoid having to lug our trade goods long distances), and I'm partway through designing the bridge across to the mountain itself personally.  As soon as the caravan leaves, I will order the construction of a new trade depot up in the spur, as I indicated on my drafts, and have the old one taken apart.

On her latest hunting foray, Telrunya brought down, of all things, a two-humped camel.  I was quite surprised to see her drag the carcass back to the butchery; they are not the type of creature I expected to see in this place...

Well, either way, we've plenty of meat for winter now, and she tells me she plans to go out and see if she can bring in another one or two of the beasts, as there was a whole pack of them (what do you call a group of camels? a humping or some such thing?).

Zasit Urolkivish, the liaison from the Mountainhome, has been following me around, but I really want to get this bridge finished before I meet with him.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan