Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress Succession Fort—Angnomal, "Redstaff"  (Read 62324 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
1st Felsite, 1052

It has begun.

It took me two whole months to draw out the plans. But yesterday, I finally finished. Today, the digging starts.

Is it extravagant? Of course. But as the old dwarven expression says: "There's nothing worth doing, that's not worth overdoing!"

Anaris thinks I'm being ridiculous. Too bad. He had his turn. This is *my* turn! And I'm tired of sleeping behind to booze stockpile. I want some luxury!

14th Felsite, 1052

Of all the weird things I've seen in my life, this has got to be the weirdest thing ever. This morning Kogsak Lorelik, the Carpenter dropped the stone he was carrying to build the perimiter wall on his foot. He grabbed his foot and started hopping around, swearing in a really crude and foul manner. I learned a few new ones from him today! After a few hops, though, he tripped and fell, hitting his head on the block of rhyolite he'd been carrying. He passed out for a few seconds. When he woke up, he had a wild look in his eyes, and ran for the fort entrance. We found him in his workshop babbling about trees. He then ran off, and came back with a cedar log and a birch log. He's been pounding away in his shop for a couple days now. I have no idea what he's doing, but he ignores everyone, even those trying to bring him food and booze. We'll have to wait and see.

18th Felsite, 1052

An elven carvan showed up today. I want to know who the dirty traitor is that told the treehuggers where to find us.

Kogsak is still working. He keeps muttering "Vukcas Ikud". I think he's gone insane.

21st Felsite, 1052

After 7 straight days, Kogsak finally wandered out of the workshop. He looked confused, and carried a cedar bracelet in his hand. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with larch, and is adorned with hanging rings of cedar. Kogsak may be a half-decent craftsman, but there's no way he could have made something so fine. He swears the last thing he remembers is smashing his toe with that rock. He claims the bracelet is called "The Crescent of Reigning". Of course he doesn't know *why* it's called that. It just is. We may never know the truth. But it is a fine bracelet.

I'm worried that some time in the future, some possessed crafter might really snap and go berserk. I've started ordering new craftsdwarf shops built with walls around them. If worse comes to worse, we can lock the poor buggers in to protect the rest of us. I've also ordered the construction of a magma kiln and another smelter. We're gonna need all the metal we can get. I hope we can find some fire clay or some kaolinite for the kiln. Glazing pottery is for the elves!

Oh, the elves were still hanging around. Apparently they weren't going to leave until I gave them something. I pawned a couple of the more poorly made serrated copper discs off on the elves in exchange for some seeds, a bit of cloth, and some food. Barely even worth mentioning, but it did get rid of them.

It's almost summer time. The ice will melt soon. I'd better make sure none of the miners are working in the waterwheel tunnel.

(OOC: I normally play with temperature turned off, as it really sucks down the frame rate. I didn't realize the ice should have melted until a few days into summer. Woops. I had to save, turn on temperature, load, wait for it to all melt, save, turn of temperature, and reload. :P )
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.