Author Topic: Haktoo?  (Read 32113 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: Haktoo?
« Reply #15: July 14, 2012, 09:15:26 PM »
Yeah but I'm not in SA so I won't be getting trickles of that unless someone posts it on the forum. Damn. I'm really curious about all these interesting mechanics and this whole artifact thing. I've yet to find one of those wizard folks who can make me an artifact, so I just collect a massive pile of treasures (read: rusty junk) for when I one day find myself lucky.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 14, 2012, 10:19:31 PM »
Yeah but I'm not in SA

You could change that.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 14, 2012, 11:29:40 PM »
No thanks, Vellos. I joined SA when I first came to BM and all I got was a migraine and a lowered opinion on SA. I don't like the way SA conducts its business, and I much prefer the relaxed and RPish mood of Triunism - not to mention it more closely resembles my actual beliefs. ;-)

I'll figure it out. No information is out of bounds or unattainable, you need only know which strings to pull and who's favor to garner. This is the rule I played by all these years I served as diplomat and spy for (I can't even count how many) nations in strategy-war games, not to mention all the nations and empires I myself have founded. If you're cunning, you can pull anything off - so long as you're willing to put the time and effort into securing your harvest. You reap what you sow, after all...

I'm playing relatively tame, to be honest. I just got back into multiplayer games via BM and LOTRO for the first time in 3-4 years. I'm giving it a few months before I start weaving my IC webs of conflict and politics. Just getting my feet wet for the moment. :-P

I have so much history to learn, yeesh. Getting in tune with all the crap that's gone by is in no way easy in this game, especially with all these dead/inactive/gone players, characters, and nations that don't even exist anymore, yet shaped the world as it is.

Here's to hoping for a lot of intrigue. I'm off for the weekend for personal reasons, so have a good one folks.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 15, 2012, 07:27:56 AM »
You could change that.

We are not all as weak as you!  ;)
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: July 15, 2012, 07:53:48 AM »
We are not all as weak as you!  ;)

BAHAHA!

I heard Vellos only joined SA two months ago, is this true? Here I was thinking he's some SA old-timer >_>

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 15, 2012, 10:24:38 AM »
I heard Vellos only joined SA two months ago, is this true? Here I was thinking he's some SA old-timer >_>

Yeap, he was like the second member of Triunism after its founder. Then me, I think.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 15, 2012, 10:46:05 AM »
Blasphemer! Betrayer!

In all seriousness...

WHYYY? I mean, is this some sort of sneaky attempt to curb SA influence by making it look like Terran is an SA-friendly nation? Why'd be just suddenly (right before I joined, no less) decide to go Bloodstars on us? :-P

Perth

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 15, 2012, 01:23:51 PM »
WHYYY? I mean, is this some sort of sneaky attempt to curb SA influence by making it look like Terran is an SA-friendly nation? Why'd be just suddenly (right before I joined, no less) decide to go Bloodstars on us? :-P

There was some RP involved.

Also, SA is more fun.

And I'm sure politics played a small part as well.

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: July 15, 2012, 09:59:26 PM »

SA is one of Terran's state religions. Well, heh, technically, one of our privileged institutions, alongside Triunism and the Moot. Yes, Sanguis Astroism and the Véinsørmoot have the same legal status in Terran. So yeah, Terran is an SA friendly nation. SA's history in Terran goes back even further than Triunism's history; Terran was originally founded as by SA members fleeing Caerwyn.

There was some RP involved.

Ultimately, there was quite a bit of RP involved; just not all of it public.

Also, SA is more fun.

And I'm sure politics played a small part as well.

But these are the main reasons. Triunism was boring as hell but, most importantly, it didn't satisfy any of Hireshmont's spiritual desires, nor, conveniently, any of his temporal desires for Terran to be a diplomatically important state. Combine spiritual dissatisfaction with temporal ambition, and a rival institution which can satisfy both... and you've got a conversion!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: July 15, 2012, 10:34:40 PM »
SA-friendly as in SA-controlled. SA-friendly doesn't stop the Astrocracies from hammering down upon Terran, nor does it satisfy Hireshmont's ambitions :-P

Me, I'm fine with Triunism. I'm going to have a blast with my new religion though...

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: July 16, 2012, 01:10:32 AM »
No one stated the theocracies are at war with Terran.

What I personally stated is that making Terran a majority SA player is a good method to ensure the astrocracies don't hammer down on Terran in the future when it becomes of strategic importance to do so. I was discussing this as a member of Terran with fellow Terran lords, specifically with and regardling Lords Vellos and Perth, as a fellow Lord of Terran, on a thread I myself created and in no way involves you or Kabrinskia.

Egamma edit: Nobody really needed to read your angry outburst.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:28:37 PM by egamma »

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: July 16, 2012, 01:15:36 AM »
And my apologies, Perth and Vellos, for the outburst.

Also, Vellos, you misunderstand what I mean, I think. Its obvious Terran is SA-friendly, I'm not debating that. I was referencing more toward a state of hypothetical SA dominance in the Terran religious field which has yet to occur as far as I'm aware.

Out of curiosity, has Terran always been evenly split? Its almost as if it was done on purpose! Which would be genius, of course, guaranteeing a healthy dose of religious schism while keeping things stable and healthy. If not, then I guess things just worked out in a very interesting way.

I joined the Lore Masters and all those random scholarly societies, I'm hoping to read more about Terran's long-standing relationships with the local nations, and I'm always glad to learn more about the fall of Caerwyn and all that good stuff.

About how long ago IC was that, anyway?

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: July 16, 2012, 01:26:15 AM »
Second, no one stated the theocracies are at war with Terran.

What I personally stated is that making Terran a majority SA player is a good method to ensure the astrocracies don't hammer down on Terran in the future when it becomes of strategic importance to do so. I was discussing this as a member of Terran with fellow Terran lords, specifically with and regardling Lords Vellos and Perth, as a fellow Lord of Terran, on a thread I myself created and in no way involves you or Kabrinskia.

I understand that you are having a difficult time; that is unfortunate.

But please do not take it out on people on the forums. That is not appropriate.

And my apologies, Perth and Vellos, for the outburst.

Also, Vellos, you misunderstand what I mean, I think. Its obvious Terran is SA-friendly, I'm not debating that. I was referencing more toward a state of hypothetical SA dominance in the Terran religious field which has yet to occur as far as I'm aware.

SA had almost half of Terran's nobles a while back before Triunism was founded. Personally, both IC and OOC, I'd prefer to see SA dominate Terran, or Verdis Elementum, I don't care which. Triunism is boring. It has no connection to other realms; it's become practically the definition of a boring realm-specific political religion. SA and VE are both religions that really use the religion game the way it should be used.

Out of curiosity, has Terran always been evenly split? Its almost as if it was done on purpose! Which would be genius, of course, guaranteeing a healthy dose of religious schism while keeping things stable and healthy. If not, then I guess things just worked out in a very interesting way.

No. Historically, and even now, Terran is more Triunist than Astroist. That might have something to do with the fact that Triunist lords tend to be corrupt and cronyistic, lol. i.e. Hireshmont's open gold-for-conversion scheme he had running for a while for new nobles back when he was duke of Chesney.

See, historically, Chesney has been the seat of the Triunist political elite, and the ruler has been Astroist. By converting to Astroism, Hireshmont simply preserved the long-standing balance of power.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:29:16 PM by egamma »

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #28: July 16, 2012, 01:29:52 AM »
Second, no one stated the theocracies are at war with Terran.

(removed offensive material)

I don't know how I'm supposed to know that last part without you saying anything, so I'll just say I'm sorry and drop it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 03:30:01 PM by egamma »

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: July 16, 2012, 01:53:34 AM »
I'm sorry too, I have my head so far up my ass right now I'm surprised I can still breathe.

I just butchered my Riombara RP to all hell and can barely see straight due to this splitting migraine... I think I should just call it a night before I make more of an ass out of myself. My apologies to all parties involved, I don't have much sense about me at the moment...