Author Topic: Haktoo?  (Read 32399 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Re: Haktoo?
« Reply #45: July 19, 2012, 07:22:17 PM »
So what dominates in Aurvandil, SA ? Or AP?
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #46: July 19, 2012, 07:39:35 PM »
APathy dominates Aurvandil.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: July 19, 2012, 07:44:28 PM »
So what dominates in Aurvandil, SA ? Or AP?
The ruler of Aurvandil, Mendicant, has essentially declared war on "religion" in general and has stated his intent to destroy all religions. Something along the lines of "if you have a monarch, you don't need a god". That's a paraphrase, I don't have the particular message in front of me at the moment.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: July 19, 2012, 07:46:14 PM »
Religion is actually illegal in Aurvandil.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: July 19, 2012, 08:12:04 PM »
The ruler of Aurvandil, Mendicant, has essentially declared war on "religion" in general and has stated his intent to destroy all religions. Something along the lines of "if you have a monarch, you don't need a god". That's a paraphrase, I don't have the particular message in front of me at the moment.

That is quite interesting. We should send a dozen priests down there and start corrupting their peasants >:-)

I would actually be quite interested to see them set up an actual, IG religion with Mendicant set up as a god-king.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: July 19, 2012, 08:58:57 PM »
That'd be completely against the whole point.

...So, do it. Pull a Warhammer 40k Rofl.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: July 19, 2012, 09:24:29 PM »
All priests should declare war on Aurvandil
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: July 19, 2012, 09:39:01 PM »
All priests should declare war on Aurvandil

Better yet: they'll Unionize.

"Hey! Those guys are trying to put us out of work!"
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: July 19, 2012, 09:49:10 PM »
Better yet: they'll Unionize.

"Hey! Those guys are trying to put us out of work!"

"Dey took aur jobs!"

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: July 19, 2012, 10:46:40 PM »
Couldn't said priests be promptly arrested and sentenced to death?

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: July 19, 2012, 11:32:56 PM »
Couldn't said priests be promptly arrested and sentenced to death?

Actually no, not easily. I think Aurvandil would have to declare war on their realms first to even arrest them. At that point, the priests could be tortured (for no lasting effect since it has no impact on the skills that matter to priests), but not banned or executed unless they had been caught doing something criminal. Basically only actions that could cause a priest to be arrested upon a failure (like an RTO) would subject the priest to a ban or execution if they got caught in the act.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: July 20, 2012, 02:23:53 AM »
Actually no, not easily. I think Aurvandil would have to declare war on their realms first to even arrest them. At that point, the priests could be tortured (for no lasting effect since it has no impact on the skills that matter to priests), but not banned or executed unless they had been caught doing something criminal. Basically only actions that could cause a priest to be arrested upon a failure (like an RTO) would subject the priest to a ban or execution if they got caught in the act.

Which produces all sorts of lulzy possibilities if major religions decided to get serious about taking down Aurvandil.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: July 20, 2012, 03:58:28 AM »
Monarchism reigns in Aurvandil.

Mendicant hasn't declared war on religion, he's merely rejected it within his own dominion. He certainly hasn't stated an intent to destroy religions external to his own Commonwealth. You don't need a church when you have a Monarchy, you don't need the promises of a religion when you have the earthly benevolence of Monarchism, and you soon find that God's become irrelevant in the shadow of a true Monarch, after all, God's were only ever modeled on the majesty of Monarchs.

You could call Mendicant a God-King, but that would just belittle the royal person as something seemingly inferior to the Highest of Sovereigns.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: July 20, 2012, 05:02:15 AM »
Monarchism reigns in Aurvandil.

Mendicant hasn't declared war on religion, he's merely rejected it within his own dominion. He certainly hasn't stated an intent to destroy religions external to his own Commonwealth. You don't need a church when you have a Monarchy, you don't need the promises of a religion when you have the earthly benevolence of Monarchism, and you soon find that God's become irrelevant in the shadow of a true Monarch, after all, God's were only ever modeled on the majesty of Monarchs.

You could call Mendicant a God-King, but that would just belittle the royal person as something seemingly inferior to the Highest of Sovereigns.

Looks like a modern atheist dictatorship like North Korea or such, just that with the monarchist ideology instead of the communist. Hope you are not RPing him like that, as it is extremely modern. Or at least it seems so to me.

Middle Ages and Ancient Times had people fearful of the unknown, and sometimes people portrayed as equal to their deities, but never the view of the gods as beneath humans. Not even the Mongols who are likely those that got closer to something like it.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: July 20, 2012, 05:09:19 AM »
God King, hmmm. Apathy to all religions! That would give enough fuel to the SA bloc, Lurians and other folks to declare war on Aurvandil.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.