Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 209518 times)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #465: October 25, 2012, 06:06:02 AM »
So... this game is really weird. Or, actually, I guess it's the community that's weird. They say that you can't do something unless you are first shown how to do it. If you try to, say, bake a fish before someone shows you how, you'll get a polite little OOC about it. "You really shouldn't be using the oven until someone shows you how." But they have no problems showing an 18 month old baby how to bake fish. ??? Or handing a 6 year old a longbow to go squirrel hunting, and giving her a hunting knife butcher the damn thing.

Anyway, they took my twin sister off traveling on a hunting trip. They wouldn't let my character go because he "wasn't trained enough". So I stuffed my bag with all the food I could find, grabbed an old stone knife out of a box, and headed off on an adventure all by myself. I wonder how long it will take for them to find me.

Different colonies have different ways of playing. In one of my colonies you'd be killed for baking a fish at young age, while in another you'd be repeatedly asked to do that and other stuff for the community.

Just like in BM different realms have different cultures. Maybe even more.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).