Author Topic: Concisus Numinis  (Read 3439 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Concisus Numinis
« Topic Start: July 19, 2012, 09:26:16 AM »
Hey. I've been working on a religion for the past little while, you can get a good rundown of it here, though it's not entirely complete:

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Concisus_Numinis

Any creative feedback or advice? Also, any tips on where I can found this sucker? Preferably somewhere on Dwilight but I am amenable to alternatives.

Edit: Some credit where it's due: a lot of stuff was inspired by the various faiths of A Song of Ice and Fire, the real life zoroastrianism and from the western monotheistic religions. Arundel also helped with some stuff and a lot of previous feedback's been given by the guys at #Pyrism.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 09:13:19 PM by Slapsticks »
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

egamma

Re: Concisus Numinis
« Reply #1: July 19, 2012, 02:56:47 PM »
You should include justifications for placing nobles above peasants.

A view on monsters, undead, and elves would be good too.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 19, 2012, 05:02:35 PM »
Nice, you got a Wiki up! :-) I should hit the Pyrism chat and see what's been fleshed out with you guys! I need to set my wiki up too. :-P

If you'd like someone to touch up your writing/Lore some time then I'd like to (re-)mention I'm a writer and have worked as an editor before. :-) It'd be a pleasure to help make your theological lore of the highest literary quality!

Oh, that reminds me! I never did reply to multiple people's PMs about my and their religion, I should probably go do that as soon as I've got a free moment at work.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 05:45:49 PM by Ehndras »
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 19, 2012, 05:37:09 PM »
A view on ... elves would be good too.
This is only applicable on EC. And, if it were me, I'd ignore it. It's really only applicable to internal Sirion RP.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

egamma

« Reply #4: July 19, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »
This is only applicable on EC. And, if it were me, I'd ignore it. It's really only applicable to internal Sirion RP.

Well, he hasn't found a continent yet. If he puts it on EC, some good-old racism (specism?) against elves would be fun.

But, I meant to add "daimons" to the list, as multiple continents have at least heard about them.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 19, 2012, 06:58:51 PM »
Well, he hasn't found a continent yet. If he puts it on EC, some good-old racism (specism?) against elves would be fun.

But, I meant to add "daimons" to the list, as multiple continents have at least heard about them.

If you go to Beliefs -> Nature of Evil -> Evil -> 2nd last paragraph, he has an entry on Daimons followed by his prohibiting of alcohol :P.

"The daimons are the rarest form of corruption, but also the most dangerous. They are the corruption of ideals, of virtue, of the gods themselves. They are sin incorporated. Whenever a man's virtues are turned to sin, he strengthens the daimons. Whenever a man abandons his civilization and turns to chaos, he strengthens the daimons. Whenever a man abandons or corrupts his principles, he strengthens the daimons. This is why we strike down heretics with brutality, why we strike down the greedy, the indulgent, the malevolent. This is why we forbid immodesty, whoring, and why we prohibit the consumption of alcohol. "
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 19, 2012, 09:03:22 PM »
No alcohol?

F*CK your religion!

J/K

I can just see it now,

"Priest excommunicated after being found with hidden, illegal stock of Atamaran wine!"
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 19, 2012, 09:11:47 PM »
If you go to Beliefs -> Nature of Evil -> Evil -> 2nd last paragraph, he has an entry on Daimons followed by his prohibiting of alcohol :P.

"The daimons are the rarest form of corruption, but also the most dangerous. They are the corruption of ideals, of virtue, of the gods themselves. They are sin incorporated. Whenever a man's virtues are turned to sin, he strengthens the daimons. Whenever a man abandons his civilization and turns to chaos, he strengthens the daimons. Whenever a man abandons or corrupts his principles, he strengthens the daimons. This is why we strike down heretics with brutality, why we strike down the greedy, the indulgent, the malevolent. This is why we forbid immodesty, whoring, and why we prohibit the consumption of alcohol. "

And right before that has stuff on monsters and the undead.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 20, 2012, 12:01:45 AM »
No alcohol?

F*CK your religion!

J/K

I can just see it now,

"Priest excommunicated after being found with hidden, illegal stock of Atamaran wine!"

Obviously not hidden enough. If anything, I'll have my priest have an underground harem of women.... because she's awesome :P.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus