Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Spellcasting?

Started by Kalanar, July 23, 2012, 04:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalanar

I see a few references to spellcasting in BM here and there, but I've never seen it in game. Is magic real? What does it do? How do I become a spell caster?    ???

Zakilevo

You need scrolls. You won't find many. They are really rare.

Overlord used magic on BT a lot. Some nobles had scrolls they got from the previous invasion as well.

Kalanar

What sort of spells have you encountered?

Indirik

If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

You can not become a spellcaster. But you can find magic scrolls and use them.

Bael

Quote from: Kalanar on July 23, 2012, 04:32:10 AM
What sort of spells have you encountered?

I currently hold the following scrolls:

Healing : ?? I'm guessing it heals all of your troops, or perhaps all friendly troops in the region?   

Holy Light : The ritual on this scroll will create a blinding light that causes undead creatures to crumble to dust.

Edit: I had a relic that improved spellcasting. Rather useless :/

I've had options to make others, but they take quite a lot of stuff to make, and normally at least one or two rare items.

Tom

Quote from: Bael on July 23, 2012, 06:19:43 PM
Edit: I had a relic that improved spellcasting. Rather useless :/

I know people who would've killed for that during the 4th and the early phases of the 5th invasion.

Hyral

Currently my advy has the Scroll of Pain and Suffering (according to the text, it disables the target for a few hours?) I want to try it out, but my advy likes living so going after a noble is...

I was surprised at how easy it was to make, only two fairly common items. The first scroll I encountered was much more expensive in terms of inventory. Also had the option to make a Scroll of Banishment (for daimons).

Bael

Quote from: Tom on July 23, 2012, 06:29:25 PM
I know people who would've killed for that during the 4th and the early phases of the 5th invasion.

For a 5% bonus? And it was on Atamara :(

Bael

Quote from: Bael on July 23, 2012, 06:19:43 PM

Healing : ?? I'm guessing it heals all of your troops, or perhaps all friendly troops in the region?   

"The ritual inscribed on this scroll will heal any person you use it for from wounds, diseases and illness."

Interesting...it hints that one can choose who to use it on. But there is no ellipsis on the "use" link. Odd.

Indirik

Quote from: Bael on July 23, 2012, 07:01:36 PM
For a 5% bonus?
If you had a scroll to banish daimons, and you had 0% skill, wouldn't you be *very* interested in an item that added 5%?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.