Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Future invasions in Beluaterra

Started by Duvaille, July 23, 2012, 06:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duvaille

If it indeed shall be so as stated in Beluaterra subforum and there will be no more GM controlled invasions, I suggest the following:

Make it automated, but make it so that players can influence when, where and what exactly happens, with time increasing the chances of something happening, until eventually the thing erupts. Kind of like a pressure kettle with wheels, where you try to keep the lid on as long as it is on your turf. When dealt with, it becomes the problem of someone else, preferably your enemy.

This would make the invasion influence the characters even when it is not currently running, messing with the politics of the more peaceful times.

De-Legro

Quote from: Duvaille on July 23, 2012, 06:23:28 PM
If it indeed shall be so as stated in Beluaterra subforum and there will be no more GM controlled invasions, I suggest the following:

Make it automated, but make it so that players can influence when, where and what exactly happens, with time increasing the chances of something happening, until eventually the thing erupts. Kind of like a pressure kettle with wheels, where you try to keep the lid on as long as it is on your turf. When dealt with, it becomes the problem of someone else, preferably your enemy.

This would make the invasion influence the characters even when it is not currently running, messing with the politics of the more peaceful times.

I can't imagine the time required to code and fine tune that sort of system being available, even if it wasn't a feature restricted to a single continent.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Foundation

Yes, do keep De-Legro's point in mind.  Remember that time spent on the BT invasion system is time not spent on other features/bug fixes that affect all 6 islands.  Although the invasion system is fun to work on. :P
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

JPierreD

Quote from: Foundation on July 24, 2012, 03:05:12 AM
Yes, do keep De-Legro's point in mind.  Remember that time spent on the BT invasion system is time not spent on other features/bug fixes that affect all 6 islands.  Although the invasion system is fun to work on. :P

A real shame, for I am sure there are many players who cannot code but would be very interested in contributing to the game, as GMs for example.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

De-Legro

Quote from: JPierreD on July 24, 2012, 03:29:50 AM
A real shame, for I am sure there are many players who cannot code but would be very interested in contributing to the game, as GMs for example.

And some have, though I think Tom was the only GM for the last invasion. There are numerous discussions about having more GM's for both islands that use them on this forum.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.