Author Topic: Could the FEI realms unite against invasion?, a (sadly) hypothetical question.  (Read 12842 times)

songqu88@gmail.com

From a surface perspective, it seemed like in the actual case, the temptation to one-up rivals/enemies was too great. Meridian Republic comes to mind, but I have a feeling people who were there like Lefanis will oppose that.

While characters are unique, sometimes motives can get complex. I fully recognize that characters are unique, but this is all just hypothetical talk, so I wonder who would have tendencies to subvert? For example, several members of the Lefanis family have been known to undertake selfish actions such as rebellions and secessions. The Vanimedle' family has in recent memory done in Thulsoma and probably Arcachon in the near future, and OOCly professed to finding that fun or something. The Himoura characters that I have met or heard about with the exception of Thain, have all been seemingly obsessed with daimons, or at least the (possibly misled) perception that being associated with daimons is equivalent to being able to indulge in meaningless violence and other vices of uncontrolled passion.

Again, I must emphasize that the three examples I picked were only those that struck out in recent memory, and in no way should be taken as indicative of the player, nor generalized to the family. I am only speaking about the characters I have heard about or observed, as well as things recorded for each individual character. This means that there is no reason every Lefanis would rebel or secede, or for every Vanimedle' to make a realm die, or for every Himoura to seek bloodshed and damnation, or for every Artemesia to be insignificant (ok, I don't know about the last one).

Now it just so happens that Lefanis and Vanimedle' are in Arcachon, and may have a fairly large presence there. Regardless of any histories, they might seriously consider letting some inhumans run amok through Arcaea and Ohnar West to soften them up for revenge. Thain Himoura happens to be the King of C'thonia, although past RPs seem to indicate that he is anti-daimon, so there's some hope there.

Meanwhile PoZ will likely sit back and watch the battles, and will finally jump off the fence when the victor is clear and any involvement by them would make no difference.