Author Topic: Foreign militia in my city  (Read 5226 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign militia in my city
« Reply #15: May 28, 2013, 01:05:40 PM »
What's the status quo for this sort of thing? Do we just order everybody out, and everybody back in, and hope that works, or is there some OOC avenue we can take, getting people to manually dismiss foreign militia from regions?

Edit: I should add, this is a region with friendly militia on top of foreign militia. I don't know that murderous settings will work in that scenario.

You may as well try entering as murderous. Nothing else to do... I really can't understand why the devs coded in penalties for foreign troops in the region instead of just coding in their disbanding, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: May 28, 2013, 03:30:13 PM »
They will eventually disband.

The reason you're not allowed to disband them outright is that the ways you're *supposed* to be able to get them result in a situation where being able to disband them make no sense. The current bug resulting in it happening more often is just that: a bug.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #17: May 29, 2013, 02:21:36 AM »
So if set murderous doesn't work (due to friendly militia always making you the defender, and murderous settings not working as the defender) and infiltrators can't accurately kill specific units of militia... the answer is to just grit your teeth and hope you don't lose the region in the 2 RL weeks it'll take for the militia to disband because of the bug?

Scarlett

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: May 29, 2013, 04:17:36 PM »
I just had this in my region. It was annoying but morale got down to the 70s and loyalty to 90% or so because of it. This is for a region next to the capital with moderate taxes though.

Most annoying thing was actually just that I couldn't repair the walls because there was always 'recent fighting'

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: May 29, 2013, 04:19:28 PM »
This should no longer be occurring—that is, new instances of foreigners dropping militia when they pause.

Are these new incidents, or places where there has been foreign militia for a week or so already?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan