Author Topic: Foreign militia in my city  (Read 5227 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Foreign militia in my city
« Topic Start: July 28, 2012, 06:14:01 AM »
I had no idea how they did it, but a noble from an allied realm managed to drop militia in my city. Now almost every turn since, I get this in the region report: "Rebels calling themselves "The First File" are still making trouble" and they seem to be reducing Morale.

They don't provoke a battle and I can't disband them. How do I get rid of them?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Foreign militia in my city
« Reply #1: July 28, 2012, 08:22:38 AM »
might be bug with pause.
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: July 28, 2012, 09:26:36 AM »
Also, you should be able to clear them out by someone from your realm coming in on murderous.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #3: July 28, 2012, 07:21:41 PM »
It was a bug, it has long since been fixed.  Unless this started very recently, it's no longer an issue.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 29, 2012, 04:08:25 AM »
Well, I can assure you it is an issue for me.

And it depends what you mean by "very recently". This started happening nine days ago.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 25, 2013, 07:45:56 PM »
Bumping thread since it was the only relevant one I found.

It was a bug, it has long since been fixed.  Unless this started very recently, it's no longer an issue.
I have the same problem in Dwilight right now, in Twainwood. Several nobles from Aurvandil stayed in my region with retreated units for a couple of weeks after their army had retreated and a few of them even after they had recovered and we had signed peace. One of them dropped his unit of 5 men as militia in my region a week ago and another one just dropped his men last night (less than 5). I keep getting reports like this:

Rebels calling themselves "Band of Fohl(s)" are rumoured to be active again.
Rebels calling themselves "Treehuggers" are still making trouble.

I've been doing police work since I can't hunt them down due to the peace treaty, is there any other way to remove them from my region or am I stuck with them?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 08:11:37 PM by Ossan »
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: March 26, 2013, 06:48:00 AM »
I've been doing police work since I can't hunt them down due to the peace treaty, is there any other way to remove them from my region or am I stuck with them?

-Set units to murderous to attack the militia
-Hire an infiltrator to kill the militia
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: March 26, 2013, 07:33:07 PM »
-Set units to murderous to attack the militia
-Hire an infiltrator to kill the militia
Thanks for the reply, I tried setting my unit to murderous and for the last two turns nothing happened. I'll try and find an infiltrator.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: March 26, 2013, 07:38:59 PM »
Thanks for the reply, I tried setting my unit to murderous and for the last two turns nothing happened. I'll try and find an infiltrator.

You'll need to have all units from your realm leave the region, then re-enter with your unit set to murderous. Otherwise, you will be defenders, and they will not try to attack you.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: March 26, 2013, 07:42:35 PM »
Are they actually aligned to the other realm? You may want to see if your general con come dismiss them, but I don't think this will work. I know the other realm's general won't be able to. We had to deal with this once when a Darka guy paused while in an Eston region. Neither of our generals could disband them. I think they eventually disappeared.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: March 26, 2013, 08:54:10 PM »
Yep, they are both still shown as belonging to Aurvandil. If reentering the region on murderous doesn't work I'll ask the General if he can try disbanding them.

You'll need to have all units from your realm leave the region, then re-enter with your unit set to murderous. Otherwise, you will be defenders, and they will not try to attack you.
Ah okay, I will try that again.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: March 27, 2013, 09:39:21 PM »

Why is this even possible? Sounds an awful lot like a bug to me, and that the game should remove them on its own... Setting to murderous against your own region makes no sense, nor does the fact that allied troops can be "rebels" that cause trouble...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: March 27, 2013, 09:53:36 PM »
Of course it's a bug.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ossan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: April 09, 2013, 07:18:54 AM »
Well both militia units disappeared on their own, the last one just this weekend.
Taselak is Best-elak.

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #14: May 28, 2013, 06:49:09 AM »
What's the status quo for this sort of thing? Do we just order everybody out, and everybody back in, and hope that works, or is there some OOC avenue we can take, getting people to manually dismiss foreign militia from regions?

Edit: I should add, this is a region with friendly militia on top of foreign militia. I don't know that murderous settings will work in that scenario.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 07:08:56 AM by Wolfsong »