Author Topic: Shrines  (Read 2033 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Shrines
« Topic Start: July 28, 2012, 12:18:44 PM »
Guess shrines too have a threshold of followers that can use it. How many shrines do you consider should be built in a region, and to how many followers it can tend?
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Shrines
« Reply #1: July 28, 2012, 12:28:19 PM »
on bt, riombara, there's 1 single temple (lvl3) in avengmil + 1 shrine i think.. there's also 1 shrine in most surrounding regions and... well.. after a while most of those regions have like maybe 80 odd% follower (due to lack of competition no doubt) without much preaching, barring the initial bits to build a shrine.
firefox

egamma

« Reply #2: July 28, 2012, 05:27:58 PM »
Each shrine level supports an additional 500 followers.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 28, 2012, 08:01:17 PM »
Be careful building too many shrines. While they *usually* support themselves, if you lose followers they can end up costing you a lot of money taken out of your global treasury. And they are expensive to shut down.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 28, 2012, 09:00:09 PM »
I have built two for my region, hope that won't be too much of a burden. But I can't understand what is with losing followers and costing a lot of money from global treasury?
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 28, 2012, 09:03:28 PM »
religion is not limited to just 1 region.

from my example. a network of shrines with no other pc religion means the numbers just keep going up...

are there other religions preaching in that religion? is that region surrounded by shrines/temples of other faiths? (or for that matter followers?)

a shrine only breaks even if there are certain number of followers in a region. otherwise it loses money. aside from that.. not sure what you are referring to when you mention losing money/losing follower, because i don't know anything about your regions/religions.

---
just chked.. avengmil has 2 shrines and lvl 3 temple 14 upkeep, 22 contribution. should be around 90%+ follower atm. 6k odd pop atm... daimons killed 4k. expect when pop recovers the % to remain the same if nothing else changes
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 09:06:26 PM by fodder »
firefox