Author Topic: Religion descriptions  (Read 8206 times)

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Religion descriptions
« Topic Start: March 31, 2011, 07:31:34 PM »
Its the Druids part that got me confused. We didnt have many open Druid Sects since the colonization of Roman Catholicism of Britain. Any sect surviving would have been very secret, if any existed at all.

As to their practices, I wish you the utmost in luck to find out. Since NO Pagan Sect can trace their beliefs back to the Ancient Druids of Britain at all, we really dont know that much about their beliefs, doctrines and rituals. All we can do is compare to those pagan sects we do know of and what was said in here-say amongst any letters and records that have survived.  We can take a very good guess which will probably be right, but no one - unless they are a Druid themselves (IE that follows the true ancient religion not the Neo-Paganism of today) will know if its true or not. Personally I like to think that someone must have survived and that their is a sect somewhere that practices its true rituals faithfully... but I very much also doubt it. Which for me is a great shame.

Same holds true for most of British Paganism from before Roman Catholicism conquered the British Isles.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries