Author Topic: Barca  (Read 232153 times)

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Barca
« Reply #270: July 26, 2011, 01:30:10 PM »
Sounds like a great realm. We get much more rationed in Luria Nova.
Pian en Luries is going to distribute 25% of the revenue to all the realm, I hear. I guess they'll gain a fair amount of nobles from the southern realm...  8)

I think the amount of realm taxes everyone receives in Terran is quite minimal. It's more that the Lord's understand that giving their liege a sizable income means that their knights are able to field capable units and that in turn benefits everyone. I may be wrong but I believe a lot of Terran's region lords offer around 40 % oaths, my own knight receives 50% in addition to a fifty gold subsidy from Hireshmont every week. Is it a waste to give so much to a knight? Hell no! He rarely if ever asks for money and he's always recruiting large units and plunging them headfirst into battle in the name of the Republic.

Also our dukes are far from greedy. Hireshmont, from what I assume, keeps very little pocket money every tax day, reinvesting it into the realm and O'Domus, the duke of chateau Saffalore, uses his income to field massive 1000 CS sf units that benefit everyone enourmously on the battlefield. Labell in Shokalom has also been very generous with his limited income since the survival of his city is dependent on the safety of our northern frontier.
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.