Author Topic: Academy Usefulness  (Read 12183 times)

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Academy Usefulness
« Topic Start: April 03, 2011, 12:46:39 PM »

So my point is, the academy is not useful to you if you do not have the gold or time to use it well.  Does that mean that it's useless to everyone?  No.

My counter-point could be: if any sensible thing in game can be reached with support of large sums of money only, how many players/chars has any fun in game!?

As I mentioned, my characters are mostly decently above-average funded.

As someone else mentioned, natural tendency of game dynamics balances ability to spend extremely too much funds in training.

If you are sitting in academy for weeks, maybe months, doing absolutely nothing but waiting for more time/funds/opportunity to train more, just in order to make any difference, I would say there is no any flavour and fun in such game. If I would spend say 3 RL months just in training, excluded for any other in-game activity, just to make +15% gain in skills, I would not feel any pleasure, remembering all boredom and passivity that preceded that achievement.

Let us say, in peaceful times, my chars have one or two occasions in a week to train 8-12 hours or so. If I have 4 chars and practice it for many months, never gaining any useful training; I must feel something is wrong.

I also feel that was not alway like that, before, but to prove it, I should probably observe the matter for next RL year.

BTW, in these 4-5 days after original post, I made at least 5-6 more attempts (with different chars), and not a single one was successful.