Author Topic: Terran trials  (Read 71787 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Terran trials
« Reply #45: August 17, 2012, 08:27:41 PM »
Oh, yeah, we totally need more nobles who torture, maim, and kill other human beings for fun, then take trophies and make careful and loving records of it to brag about later.

??? :P

Which adds a major element of intrigue and conflict to the game. We can all gather round and stone Erasmus et al.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Jim

« Reply #46: August 17, 2012, 08:33:02 PM »
Hey, it's a great source of conflict, is it not?

You are absolutely correct, it's a wonderful source of conflict. Just like when Scar murdered Mufasa and exiled Simba.

Which adds a major element of intrigue and conflict to the game. We can all gather round and stone Erasmus et al.

Vellos should start singing Hakuna Matata in his prison cells. I would worship him OOC for that and yes I mean I would accept a bm character as my real life god.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: August 17, 2012, 08:33:43 PM »
Spy club aye?

That is awesome. My hat off to you guys. :)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: August 17, 2012, 08:35:37 PM »
You are absolutely correct, it's a wonderful source of conflict. Just like when Scar murdered Mufasa and exiled Simba.

Vellos should start singing Hakuna Matata in his prison cells. I would worship him OOC for that and yes I mean I would accept a bm character as my real life god.

I like to think more of Hireshmont as Richard the Lionheart imprisoned in Austria than the bird-messenger of the king. Or maybe as the Czar right after the Russian Revolution. Let's go with Richard the Lionheart.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Jim

« Reply #49: August 17, 2012, 08:36:56 PM »
Spy club aye?

That is awesome. My hat off to you guys. :)

I think it would have been better fitted on Beluaterra but, I'm not the founder, so... yeah, Dwilight it is.

I like to think more of Hireshmont as Richard the Lionheart imprisoned in Austria than the bird-messenger of the king. Or maybe as the Czar right after the Russian Revolution. Let's go with Richard the Lionheart.

I will always see him as Mufasa.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: August 17, 2012, 08:42:24 PM »
I think it would have been better fitted on Beluaterra but, I'm not the founder, so... yeah, Dwilight it is.

Everything is better on Beluaterra. :)

Jim

« Reply #51: August 17, 2012, 08:49:35 PM »
Everything is better on Beluaterra. :)

It's my old stomping grounds with my old family. I'll never forget the battle of Heen, when we waged a guerrilla war against the undead who were destroying our city. We lasted long enough for allies to arrive, even though every single member of our realm council and military command was wounded. The survivors agreed on hit and run tactics, it stalled the undead just long enough for us to survive. That was a real proud moment for me as a player. My boy might have to flee to Beluaterra, I don't think he has a place in Dwilight anymore.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: August 18, 2012, 12:03:42 AM »
Just counted 10 protests in the past two turns.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: August 18, 2012, 12:35:54 AM »
Just counted 10 protests in the past two turns.

In a realm of 27, I wonder how many it takes? I know he lost a prestige point at the last turn for it. I wonder how many to oust him, though?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: August 18, 2012, 12:37:31 AM »
In a realm of 27, I wonder how many it takes? I know he lost a prestige point at the last turn for it. I wonder how many to oust him, though?

Neji got like 7 protests in a realm of 35 and that didn't oust him. Cost him a couple prestige points though.

I have heard its like a third need to protests. Whether that's all in one turn or in a day, I don't know.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: August 18, 2012, 12:49:57 AM »
Neji got like 7 protests in a realm of 35 and that didn't oust him. Cost him a couple prestige points though.

I have heard its like a third need to protests. Whether that's all in one turn or in a day, I don't know.

The formula's not that simple.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: August 18, 2012, 12:51:46 AM »
Pretty difficult, really.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: August 18, 2012, 01:13:01 AM »
Pretty difficult, really.

Shows what I know.  :P

'Hey, you! Your ignorance is showing.'

Jim

« Reply #58: August 18, 2012, 03:04:49 AM »
So I'll ask a second time, Anaris, and hopefully this time I won't be ignored.

Oh, yeah, we totally need more nobles who torture, maim, and kill other human beings for fun, then take trophies and make careful and loving records of it to brag about later.

??? :P

How did you know we kept loving records and trophies?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: August 18, 2012, 03:10:10 AM »
So I'll ask a second time, Anaris, and hopefully this time I won't be ignored.

How did you know we kept loving records and trophies?

Sorry, I must have missed the first one.

I didn't know; it just seemed like the kind of depraved thing that such people would do. Now, though, I know ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan