Author Topic: One Character Rule  (Read 5520 times)

Varwulf

• Knight
    • View Profile
One Character Rule
« Topic Start: August 23, 2012, 12:49:21 AM »
I had a quick question about the one character rule on Dwilight.  It would seem as though Dwilight is the only island that has this kind of limitation and I would like to ask what the reasons behind it might be?

I didn't discover anything on the Wiki so I thought I'd try my luck here.

Thank you in advance.
Varwulf (Vix Tiramora), Rhyndaria (Caergoth), Ikosia (Caergoth), Kunoreyvn (Sandalak), Kimiakiaruni (Sandalak), Balkrom (Nothoi), Sythia (Arcaea), Eviera (Morek Empire)

Zakilevo

Re: One Character Rule
« Reply #1: August 23, 2012, 12:56:56 AM »
I had a quick question about the one character rule on Dwilight.  It would seem as though Dwilight is the only island that has this kind of limitation and I would like to ask what the reasons behind it might be?

Thank you in advance.

To make it unique.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 23, 2012, 01:28:26 AM »

Thank you in advance.

In part, it began as a way to ensure that when Dwilight was opened, there wasn't a huge land-grab by people bringing two characters each. However, it has proven to be very appealing to many people to have a place where they can know that half the realms aren't tied up by family alliances, or filled with doublet characters, with one always supporting the other and contributing nothing of its own.

There are enough islands without the restriction that the Dev team does not see any reason to consider removing it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 23, 2012, 01:46:10 AM »
Dwilight is indeed unique for this reason and having only ONE character makes long-term planning much more important. It really makes a significant difference in playing styles.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 23, 2012, 08:57:49 AM »
One character rules! Live and die by your reputation.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

egamma

« Reply #5: August 23, 2012, 06:41:59 PM »
I've set a rule for myself to only have one character on each continent. It helps make things more interesting.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 23, 2012, 07:40:12 PM »
<aol>Me too!</aol>
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #7: August 23, 2012, 07:54:48 PM »
I would, but Henzo is currently first in line for the throne in Sorraine and Sayuki is needed in Arcaea.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 23, 2012, 10:59:25 PM »
I just play in different realms, I can't not have 2 chars on BT.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 23, 2012, 11:11:36 PM »
Yeah, BT is too awesome. I have 2 chars on FE but I'm migrating one to BT soon enough.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 25, 2012, 09:38:09 AM »
You can play an adventurer alongside your noble, get 3 recommendations, achieve noblity and look, you get to play another noble.

Saying it is easy, doing it needs a *lot* of dedication.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 25, 2012, 09:52:46 AM »
You can play an adventurer alongside your noble, get 3 recommendations, achieve noblity and look, you get to play another noble.

Saying it is easy, doing it needs a *lot* of dedication.

... No, you can't?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 25, 2012, 11:07:50 AM »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 25, 2012, 11:08:27 AM »

Really? Why not?

Because you can't have two nobles on Dwilight.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 25, 2012, 01:54:51 PM »
You cannot turn your Dwilight adventurer into a noble while you have an active noble on Dwilight.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.