Author Topic: Derailed thread  (Read 32134 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Derailed thread
« Reply #30: August 24, 2012, 11:04:08 PM »

I quite strongly disagree with that comic's point actually. I dislike few things more than people who smile and nod and say "That's nice" but actually are just bottling up all their thoughts. I'd vastly prefer my neighbors repeatedly tell me how much they despise my worldview, but at least be honest with me, than have them act like we're all buddy-buddy when secretly they loathe one of the fundamental components of my identity.

Mm, I can definitely see where you're coming from, but I think I see what you're saying (at least, how I understand it) and what the comic says as somewhat different things.

The comic's message, as I read it, is more or less, "Don't aggressively promote your religion to others, and don't try to actually harm people because of religion."

What you're saying, as I read it, is, "Feel free to tell me you think I'm a terrible heathen who's going to hell because your religion says so."

Am I mistaken?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan