Author Topic: Derailed thread  (Read 32001 times)

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Derailed thread
« Reply #75: August 31, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »
Obviously I'm not asking for the government to execute every thieve caught, but there are cases where the culprit can be charged almost in no time because, you know, they have proved they are guilty even before entering the court room. A good example: many members from ETA, a terrorist group from PaĆ­s Vasco, in Spain. They are now mostly inactive due to the disarm that the police forces from both France and Spain have forced upon them, but they have done terrible things. Terrible. Nearly a thousand people killed, many more kidnapped. And know what? They are mostly in prison, being released some years after committing their heinous crimes.

I will point out a single case from the hundreds we have had: several years ago, they kidnapped someone, I don't exactly recall who but I think he was a politician. They said that, if a number of ETA prisoners weren't released the next day, they'll kill him.

You don't know the civil unrest that such statement caused. All Spain went to the streets, claiming for his liberty and the end of madness. During the whole day, people stood there, showing their empathy and their reject to violence. I still tremble when remembering how emotive it was. And know what? They killed him. Once the day ended, they called and said: we've killed the bastard. Go and pick the corpse in this place.

Now we know who they were. Don't you think that they deserve inmediate execution? Catch them, throw them like rats to the lowliest hellhole ever while you prepare their execution, and kill them in the cheapest way to be found. Because they don't deserve anything else. In fact, you're being pretty humanitarian, compared to what they did to people.

I don't speak about every case, and agree that if you aren't sure about someone's guilt, then it's better not to apply death penalty. But sometimes, it is really the best choice, much better than wasting resources on scum that obviously don't deserve them, and even might try to escape on a regular basis.
D'Espana Family