Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf III: A Perilous Voyage  (Read 82367 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] Werewolf III: A Perilous Voyage
« Reply #135: August 29, 2012, 08:22:25 PM »
Well, I couldn't have 100% certainty that he was a sage, even a sailor, so I decided to vote for him before than myself, because I know with 100% certainty that I'm a sailor. I guess that's a pretty understandable reasoning there.
No. It isn't. Between having a 100% chance to kill a sailor and a 99% chance to kill a sage, you kill the sailor. Anyways, you could have voted for someone else. Having a lynch that wasn't you or the sage would have been preferable to you, no?

But it doesn't really matter because now we're railroading Indirik and anyone that doesn't vote against him is scum.
Besides, he was pretty much dead the second he revealed that.

Nope. GA.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:38:27 PM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: August 29, 2012, 08:26:56 PM »
Actually, i thought it was a assassin trying to mislead everyone else.....there is no way a Logic Sage could just simply say "I am the target" on the very first day.

Or he was an assassin lying or he was simply dead, one of both.

And for Neptune's Beard!

What in the hell is a sage?

Did we just kill an Innocent, but crazy Sailor? must be the scurvy!

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: August 29, 2012, 08:29:45 PM »
Tsssss, damned special roles. I keep forgetting they're there. And I wouldn't say 99% certainty, a bad guy could have easily used that up. And seriously, I wasn't hoping the seer to reveal his identity at first turn so long before the deadline.

Seems so, Yarrrrrr!
D'Espana Family

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: August 29, 2012, 08:32:33 PM »
Only for one knight.
So? You don't lynch the sage just because he'll not be alive for long. That's just.. not something you do. Lynching the sage = bad. Not lynching the sage = good. Besides, it wasn't even clear that the traitors would shoot at the sage. Even if they did, they'd waste a shot. But again, we obviously don't want to inconvenience the traitors.

Actually, i thought it was a assassin trying to mislead everyone else.....there is no way a Logic Sage could just simply say "I am the target" on the very first day.

Sure, it wasn't a great play. But there were no counterclaims and no reason to kill him. If a Sage has to make the choice between getting lynched or being shot in two nights, he's going to make the reveal and at least get one investigation done. He thought he was making that choice.

“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: August 29, 2012, 08:41:46 PM »
So? You don't lynch the sage just because he'll not be alive for long. That's just.. not something you do. Lynching the sage = bad. Not lynching the sage = good. Besides, it wasn't even clear that the traitors would shoot at the sage. Even if they did, they'd waste a shot. But again, we obviously don't want to inconvenience the traitors.

Sure, it wasn't a great play. But there were no counterclaims and no reason to kill him. If a Sage has to make the choice between getting lynched or being shot in two nights, he's going to make the reveal and at least get one investigation done. He thought he was making that choice.
Of course there wasn't any counter claims, because if there was a different sage, it would merely get himself killed due to the assassins which is why no one actually thought Ketchum was sage. It didn't seem like the right thing to do, so we thought he was an assassin trying to fool us.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: August 29, 2012, 08:55:47 PM »
Exactly since it was obvious, i thought the real sage was be SILENT.

Specially now that there are neutral roles to each side.

Zakilevo

« Reply #142: August 29, 2012, 09:18:02 PM »
Way to kill the sage for gods sake.... sigh

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #143: August 29, 2012, 09:24:16 PM »
We had no good reasons to vote for anyone else yesterday period

We voted how we felt at the moment, it was random and subjective, no sailors planned to kill specifically the sage, as the assassins didn't plan to specifically kill one of their own, unless there's a strategy for them in this.

We failed our vote, we lost a valuable asset, but we will get nowhere if we try to link the lynch of ketchum as being the work of assassins who voted for him. Maybe we should try to see why the assassins killed Cren and try to find if we have faction.

Atamara:    Dwilight:

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: August 29, 2012, 09:39:11 PM »
You do realize that townies have actual reasons for killing, and don't flip-flop, right?
So, you're not a townie, then, since you flip-flopped your vote about a dozen times, without reason?

Anyways, if you hadn't noticed, we probably have a guardian angel.
Who can't protect the same person twice in a row. And if they protect Ketchum the first time, they couldn't the second. So *bam*, he's dead anyway.

Between having a 100% chance to kill a sailor and a 99% chance to kill a sage, you kill the sailor.
Which wasn't the choice we had, was it? We could have randomly picked the Guardian Angel. Or the Priest. Or the Mortician. Or.... So, wow, how great that would have been if we lynched the Guardian Angel, and the baddies murder the Sage.

Without proof that anyone is anything, which none of us had, any vote is as good as any other vote, regardless of the claims that person makes. It's all random, regardless of your claims otherwise. Anyone, even a bad guy, can claim to be the Sage on the first day. And there is no way to verify that he is or is not lying. And by swapping a vote away from him you are legitimizing what he says, when in reality there's a 13 out of 14 chance that he's lying.

The best thing to do is exactly what you claimed on the first day: Pick one guy at random, and kill him. Then you move on from there.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Fury

« Reply #145: August 29, 2012, 10:03:08 PM »
If I die because of rum lynching today, you all remember to vote Indirik ;)
Why get rid of the sage later in a hunt when you can get rid of him right away, right?? I see the logic!

For Ketchum, :'(
VOTE Indirik

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: August 29, 2012, 10:58:00 PM »
Indirik (2 votes) - Slapsticks (129) - Fury (145)

10 persons need to vote still.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #147: August 29, 2012, 11:02:51 PM »
So, you're not a townie, then, since you flip-flopped your vote about a dozen times, without reason?
I flip-flopped my vote in order to see reactions. You flip-flopped your justifications.
Who can't protect the same person twice in a row. And if they protect Ketchum the first time, they couldn't the second. So *bam*, he's dead anyway.
"The sage would die anyways" so yeah we should totally just lynch him now.

Which wasn't the choice we had, was it? We could have randomly picked the Guardian Angel. Or the Priest. Or the Mortician. Or.... So, wow, how great that would have been if we lynched the Guardian Angel, and the baddies murder the Sage.
So we should only ever lynch people who know are town because then we won't lynch a power role? or are you saying we should never lynch anyone ever for the same reasons? wut?
Without proof that anyone is anything, which none of us had, any vote is as good as any other vote, regardless of the claims that person makes. It's all random, regardless of your claims otherwise. Anyone, even a bad guy, can claim to be the Sage on the first day. And there is no way to verify that he is or is not lying. And by swapping a vote away from him you are legitimizing what he says, when in reality there's a 13 out of 14 chance that he's lying.
First, a mafia wouldn't just randomly claim sage. Why? Two reasons. First, he'd get instantly counterclaimed by the real sage. Then he can't actually kill the sage at night because NKing the sage means revealing his falsehood. Second, there are two mafias. If a baddie claims sage, he gets killed by the other mafia the next night. So no, if someone claims sage, they're the sage.

Also, nice random statistics out of nowhere. This is the most obviously misleading backwards logic ever.

The best thing to do is exactly what you claimed on the first day: Pick one guy at random, and kill him. Then you move on from there.
It's not random if you specifically target someone. For example, the sage.

Guys, just listen. Indirik has flip-flopped, has misdirected onto other people who did the exact same thing he did, and has been deliberately using backwards logic the whole day. If he's not a baddie, I'll eat my shoe.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #148: August 29, 2012, 11:07:13 PM »
TIME TO USE LOGIC!

Is weird that Slapsticks wasn't killed by the assassins, since he is the smartest of all sailors....he would be a potential treat for the Assassins. which of course would be the first one to be killed.

I know it sound strange but since the beginning my thought were that "if Slapsticks doesn't get killed first , he is an assassin"

Bleh, i should remain silent, or i will be killed like on the Diplomats O_O bad guys hate thinkers

If he's not a baddie, I'll eat my shoe.

Like it would help you from getting lynched   ;D

ps: sorry couldn't contain myself!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:10:39 PM by Sonya »

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #149: August 29, 2012, 11:10:51 PM »
If he's not a baddie, I'll eat my shoe.

What type of shoe ? is it a sandal or a boot ?