Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf III: A Perilous Voyage  (Read 82372 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] Werewolf III: A Perilous Voyage
« Reply #150: August 29, 2012, 11:12:51 PM »
I know it sound strange but since the beginning my thought were that "if Slapsticks doesn't get killed first , he is an assassin"

Maybe they did that under the knowledge that that would be the line of thought?
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: August 29, 2012, 11:19:54 PM »
I don't really feel the assassins choice would be in regards of who is the smarter one or not.  I'm glad Slapsticks is alive, unless proven he's a baddie.

I don't feel Indirik voted Ketchum for the purpose of specifically eliminate the sage, the sage is responsible of his own death, it's sad. But doing theories, and try to answer "but if" questions is not relevant.

The one i feel the more suspect is Sonya.

Trying to put some chaos, and made few slip-up in her analysis. She looks like she's playing a double role.

It's only my feeling so far. I'll vote for her and I'm looking for your reaction and comments, i can be convinced to rally the majority in case it gets too close in vote and we might face of double-lynching, it's too early to take that chance.

VOTE SONYA
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 11:22:59 PM by Ross »
Atamara:    Dwilight:

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: August 30, 2012, 12:54:18 AM »

The one i feel the more suspect is Sonya.

Trying to put some chaos, and made few slip-up in her analysis. She looks like she's playing a double role.

It's only my feeling so far. I'll vote for her and I'm looking for your reaction and comments, i can be convinced to rally the majority in case it gets too close in vote and we might face of double-lynching, it's too early to take that chance.

VOTE SONYA

On my defense i have to say that i am a Sailor!

Also i am a Medic the problem is that..... everyone is Lynched of killed so i don't have subjects to wonk on LOL  ::)

........  :-[ it seems i have to prepare a Roleplay..... don't want to die without spamming this game at least once.  :-\

If you want a hint:

Ketchum and Cren were playing double role, but they both got killed hahahahahahahahahahaha! ooohh the irony!

This is soo funny, i know the end is near and is funny!

WAIT A MINUTE!

Cren, the Brutal Recruiter Daimon Worshipper

Actually......

Brutal: A Bad Guy with this trait will take a player of his choosing down with him, if lynched.
Recruiter: This Bad Guy may scan one player per Night to see if that player is a Sleeper.  All others will appear as regular Sailors.  Will not reveal whether attached or not.

Cren was a kind of Epic character  :o
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:06:56 AM by Sonya »

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153: August 30, 2012, 03:03:56 AM »
I flip-flopped my vote in order to see reactions. You flip-flopped your justifications.
No, my justification was always the same. We needed to vote for someone, so I picked some stupid little reason from a random person, and went with it. Just like everyone else did. The only difference is that I told you my reason. There's a lot of people out there keeping their head down, because they have something to hide.

So we should only ever lynch people who know are town because then we won't lynch a power role?
Keep twisting. You're almost at the level of a contortionist.

First, a mafia wouldn't just randomly claim sage. Why? Two reasons. First, he'd get instantly counterclaimed by the real sage.
BS. The real sage, assuming he's not a total moron, wouldn't jump up into the open and say "You're not the sage, I am!" By your logic, anyone could stand up and say "I'm the sage" on the first day, and be guaranteed safe. Because the *real* sage isn't going to speak up in his defense by outing himself. Which is why *anyone* can safely claim "I'm the sage" on day one. Especially someone who is Unhuntable, or Lucky.

Then he can't actually kill the sage at night because NKing the sage means revealing his falsehood.
You're assuming they know who the sage is. Which they won't. Unless the real sage is a moron. And if the real sage is a moron, they're all dead anyway. Not to mention that some other schmuck could step forward and say "I'm the sage" just to make sure the first guy is lynched.

Second, there are two mafias. If a baddie claims sage, he gets killed by the other mafia the next night. So no, if someone claims sage, they're the sage.
Your'e so naive. No one would *ever* make a claim that would keep them alive one more night, right? No, no one would ever lie just to keep themselves alive for another 24 hours... Nope. Wouldn't ever do it.

It's not random if you specifically target someone. For example, the sage.
Unless you don't think they're really the sage. And, obviously a LOT of people made the same assumption I did, which is that Ketchum was lying.

Guys, just listen. Indirik has flip-flopped, has misdirected onto other people who did the exact same thing he did, and has been deliberately using backwards logic the whole day. If he's not a baddie, I'll eat my shoe.
And if you're not one of the baddies, I'll eat your other shoe. Your entire campaign against me is nothing other than an attempt to line the crew against me, so that you can keep them focused into killing off innocent people who might be able to figure out your game.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: August 30, 2012, 03:19:46 AM »
Last word heard from Ketchum before he was thrown overboard "Why me? You picking the wrong person... You all will regret this..."

Last word heard from Ketchum as he struggling breathing in the water "Take me back. Ugh... ugh..."

OOC: Just for RolePlay laugh, no further comment from me until this game over
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: August 30, 2012, 03:49:30 AM »
Let's all just calm down. Bickering will only lead to more innocent people dying. Last game we had three people claim to be the sage on the same turn, which is probably why no one believed Ketchum now. Slapsticks, it's all very well using game logic to say "No one who isn't the Sage would claim to be so!" but most people here haven't played this game much. They're using normal logic, which would state, "Why would someone make themselves an instant target on the first day, rather than trying to talk to people to convince them to vote for someone else without committing suicide?"

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: August 30, 2012, 03:59:39 AM »
Is there any such thing as IC or OOC in this game? I see a lot of posts that use metagame knowledge to make what would be IC points. It is totally confusing. Velax's last post makes me think he thinks I, as a player, am angry. That's totally not true. I'm having fun, and I am not angry at slapsticks as a player. I think it would really be best if we could try and keep the metagaming aspect down.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #157: August 30, 2012, 04:19:41 AM »
No, there is no such thing as IC/OOC.  Anything said in this thread is assumed to be within the context of the game.  No matter how meta or out of context is is.  This game is in fact, all about meta.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #158: August 30, 2012, 04:36:45 AM »
Good to know. Thanks.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: August 30, 2012, 04:46:12 AM »
No, there is no such thing as IC/OOC.  Anything said in this thread is assumed to be within the context of the game.  No matter how meta or out of context is is.  This game is in fact, all about meta.
Which is kinda dumb IMO, because of things like it is most likely their are two groups of bad guys and Slapsticks just assumes but as far as we know IC their is only one bad guy with clues suggesting that there are more. I think their should be some seperation of IC and OOC even if slight. Also on another note, since there is no difference between IC and OOC its not needed but could we all stick to names associated to this thread somewhat. Assassin/bad guy/what ever makes since but mafia didn't even exist and their has been nothing to suggest werewolves.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #160: August 30, 2012, 04:59:38 AM »
That's why this is called Werewolf III.

This is a game that conforms to the game generally called Mafia.  Its a party game that is all about convincing people that you're not a bad guy, while the bad guys secretly vote on whom to kill.

There is no distinction in IC and OOC because this is not a true role playing game.  There are zero actual clues left.  Your only clues are what the other players tell you.

If we want to continue the meta discussion of "how this game works" please take it to the other discussion thread on this forum.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: August 30, 2012, 08:00:25 AM »
OOC: Yes, using all these terms like "mafias," "bad guys," "townies," etc. is really confusing and seems to take away the fun of the experience for me. What is the point of the "Perlious Journey" theme with "Sailors" and the cool backstory/set-up/storyline updates if we don't even keep to them? Seems silly.

IC: Slapticks seems incredibly hostile and accusatory. How could any of us who voted for Ketchum have actually known if the abilities he claimed to have were true or not? My vote was entirely random, as that is literally all you have to go on on the first day, but he came out with the Sage claims after it was apparent that he might get lynched. Seems pretty fishy and like it could have been just a ploy to avoid the lynch. Turns out it wasn't. I feel bad for voting to kill him since he was innocent, but how could anyone have known?

Because Slapticks seems so angry and accusatory, and because his logic literally makes no sense, I:

VOTE SLAPTICKS
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #162: August 30, 2012, 02:44:58 PM »
~3 hours til Deadline

indirik -2- fury(145), slapsticks(129)
Sonya -1- Ross (151)
slapsticks -1- Perth (161)

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #163: August 30, 2012, 03:08:59 PM »
I'm going to have to vote Perth. After Indirik accused Ketchup, this guy very suspiciously bandwagoned on, providing the impetus to the lynch Ketchum movement.
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #164: August 30, 2012, 03:25:22 PM »
Since he's so obviously eager to see me dead, I'm happy to return the favor.

VOTE SLAPSTICKS