Author Topic: Grand Duchy of Fissoa thread  (Read 47458 times)

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
Re: Grand Duchy of Fissoa thread
« Reply #120: June 13, 2013, 06:02:24 AM »
Their former judge did, yes. Around 1500, I think, wasn't it?

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: June 15, 2013, 12:57:51 AM »
Their former judge did, yes. Around 1500, I think, wasn't it?

Yes, I think it was 1400 gold pieces! The largest bounty. 8) and all for ME!  ;D ...Life is good!

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #122: June 15, 2013, 01:17:01 AM »
Clearly Fissoa should rebrand itself as a bounty-claiming mercenary state.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #123: June 15, 2013, 01:56:35 AM »
Yes, I think it was 1400 gold pieces! The largest bounty. 8) and all for ME!  ;D ...Life is good!

So, to claim a bounty, does one simply need to wound or kill and individual? And can that be done via an honorable duel or no? How did you claim the bounty?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #124: June 15, 2013, 02:26:45 AM »
Seriously wounding someone, or killing them, gets you the bounty I believe. So you can seriously wound them in battle, in a duel, as an infiltrator, or execute them as a judge - and you should be able to claim the bounty.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: June 15, 2013, 03:45:37 AM »
Seriously wounding someone, or killing them, gets you the bounty I believe. So you can seriously wound them in battle, in a duel, as an infiltrator, or execute them as a judge - and you should be able to claim the bounty.

As far as I remember this is correct.

I believe the bounty was collected in the battle for Madina City.  As I didn't see any messages about judges executing people.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #126: June 15, 2013, 03:58:56 AM »
As far as I remember this is correct.

I believe the bounty was collected in the battle for Madina City.  As I didn't see any messages about judges executing people.

So wait, you can just wound someone and get the full bounty? really?  :o

anoobowner

• Knight
  • Vorash Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: June 15, 2013, 04:41:50 AM »

My interpretation of what Rynn JeVondair ought to do next: An Unofficial Roleplay

*Rynn has a dream in the night.*

Rynn: Where am I?
Stars: These are the heavens, I am the guardian star of Contemporaneous Ambitions.
Rynn: What do you want with me?
Stars: It is your destiny to become an incredibly evil judge, it comes with perks! You can execute fools for the coin!

*Rynn wakes up shaking in his bed. He opens his hand, and three gold pieces fall out of his hands. He opens his sheets, and some hundred more gold coins slather around making little chinking noises as they fall to the floor.*

Rynn: Oh my stars!
VORASH FAMILY: Protheon--Riombara | Prospero--Morek | Pamela--Caergoth

"The thing with computer-generated imagery is that it's an incredibly powerful tool for making better visual effects. But I believe in an absolute difference between animation and photography." - Christopher Nolan

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: June 15, 2013, 05:58:08 AM »

No, it must be a serious wound.    So, if its a regular character that would be wounded twice in a battle, and the person who wounds them seriously (the second wound) gets the bounty.    If the character is a hero, they would die (and the bounty would get collected).

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #129: June 15, 2013, 01:33:42 PM »
My interpretation of what Rynn JeVondair ought to do next: An Unofficial Roleplay

*Rynn has a dream in the night.*

Rynn: Where am I?
Stars: These are the heavens, I am the guardian star of Contemporaneous Ambitions.
Rynn: What do you want with me?
Stars: It is your destiny to become an incredibly evil judge, it comes with perks! You can execute fools for the coin!

*Rynn wakes up shaking in his bed. He opens his hand, and three gold pieces fall out of his hands. He opens his sheets, and some hundred more gold coins slather around making little chinking noises as they fall to the floor.*

Rynn: Oh my stars!

That's just crazy enough to work... ::)

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: June 15, 2013, 04:28:01 PM »

Hey! It's not that easy! You must seriously wound him... and this is not easy. if you only wound you get nothing!

???...but if the wound get worse and become serious... you will get the bounty? or will be the healers the ones to get all the gold? mmm... I must talk with my healers...  ;D

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: June 16, 2013, 12:36:24 AM »
???...but if the wound get worse and become serious... you will get the bounty?
No.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: June 16, 2013, 12:37:02 AM »
So, if its a regular character that would be wounded twice in a battle, and the person who wounds them seriously (the second wound) gets the bounty.    If the character is a hero, they would die (and the bounty would get collected).
Wounding and death doesn't work like this anymore, and hasn't for quite some time.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Phellan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: June 16, 2013, 03:45:26 AM »
Wounding and death doesn't work like this anymore, and hasn't for quite some time.

Oh the changes that get made when one takes a year off . . .or two.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: June 16, 2013, 04:15:02 AM »
To clarify a little, wounding is no longer a discrete set of possibilities—OK, wounded, seriously wounded—but a continuum, with lightly wounded, wounded, seriously wounded, and critically wounded being descriptions of different sections of the continuum. Each wound given adds a somewhat random amount to your wound rate, so if you are wounded twice in battle, you can end up anywhere from lightly wounded to seriously wounded.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan