Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Grand Duchy of Fissoa thread

Started by Cren, August 25, 2012, 09:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanyon

Quote from: Cren on September 08, 2012, 07:29:28 PM
Loss or win doesn't matter. What matters is that we stood against Aurvandil supremacy against all odds. I hope our message was clear.

Aurvandil supremacy? We aren't the ones you're fighting bud :P

Uzamaki

Quote from: Lanyon on September 09, 2012, 03:46:10 PM

Potato potato.

Poliorketes

Quote from: Anaris on September 09, 2012, 02:53:47 PM
Possibly, but if that were so, any griefer with a high swordsmanship skill could just force people he didn't like to lose loads of honour and prestige for no good reason at all.

Yes, but for this we have judges! If a Judge can decide if duels are legal or not. He would decide if the reason for a duel are justified or not... If not, he can punish the guilt part, or He would make a 'acceptance' if the duel is justified, etc...

With the help of the judges it couldn't be so hard to have a functional duel-system. As they are now, they are almost useless... IMHO, of course.  :)

Poliorketes

Oh yes! they are... at least this is the opinion of some Falkirkians... although others think the opposite! Is wonderful to see a realm who didn't know what is it!  ;D

Anaris

Quote from: Uzamaki on September 09, 2012, 04:13:47 PM
Potato potato.

Y'know, that never really works well in text unless you write it out phonetically—ie, "poe-tay-toe, poe-tah-toe" ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

It worked well enough that you knew what he meant. :D
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Cren

Technically we are fighting puppets, who are being manipulated by the puppet master which implies we are fighting the puppet master herself (or itself).
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Uzamaki

Quote from: Anaris on September 09, 2012, 05:08:01 PM
Y'know, that never really works well in text unless you write it out phonetically—ie, "poe-tay-toe, poe-tah-toe" ;D

Yes. I know. But I was also throwing in irony. I was saying 'they are the same thing', while writing the same thing.

Velax

Quote from: Anaris on September 09, 2012, 05:08:01 PM
"poe-tay-toe, poe-tah-toe" ;D

I have never heard someone actually pronounce the word as "poh-tah-toh", except in connection with this phrase.

Anaris

Quote from: Velax on September 11, 2012, 04:07:06 AM
I have never heard someone actually pronounce the word as "poh-tah-toh", except in connection with this phrase.

Actually, I have ;D

One was an (American) actor playing Ebenezer Scrooge (on the line "you're nothing but an old potato, Jacob Marley!").

The other was my (British) cousin, around the age of 7.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Shizzle

Quote from: Wolfsong on May 08, 2013, 08:06:40 AM
Calling on everyone with a deep and abiding love of Fissoa to help update the realm page on the wiki!

Yay!

Also, as one of the most involved players in Fissoa I have to refute many of the above statements. Fissoa has been, and is, the most fun realm I have been part of in BM. Without it I would have been long gone. This thread is in no way representative of the realm.

Why? Because it's history is complex but consistent, because there's a generally friendly player to player atmosphere, because it offers my kind of RP and a good mix of realm values. And because I like playing an underdog :) May Fissoa live long and prosper!

On a more on-topic note, though, ex-ruler Skyndarbau is facing Queen Alice Arundel in combat to the death this evening at the turn change. Wish us luck! Although my feelings are mixed, I think it would be best for Skyn to perish. It offers a chance to new players to take over within the realm, provides a more interesting narrative towards Luria and allows me to take things down a notch. And I'll get a new character in Swordfell or perhaps Luria :)

Perth

Quote from: Shizzle on May 08, 2013, 09:58:38 AM
Also, as one of the most involved players in Fissoa I have to refute many of the above statements. Fissoa has been, and is, the most fun realm I have been part of in BM. Without it I would have been long gone. This thread is in no way representative of the realm.

Why? Because it's history is complex but consistent, because there's a generally friendly player to player atmosphere, because it offers my kind of RP and a good mix of realm values. And because I like playing an underdog :) May Fissoa live long and prosper!

I've always been impressed by the consistent seemingly active/participatory existence of Fissoa for so long given that there for a long time the realm seemed like one of the more isolated realms on the island.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Wolfsong

That's right. Damn smoothest thread de-necroing you ever did see.

Essere

Quote from: Wolfsong on May 08, 2013, 11:03:32 AM
That's right. Damn smoothest thread de-necroing you ever did see.
I am Grand Duchess Selene and I approve of this message.