Author Topic: The Hunt  (Read 12120 times)

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
The Hunt
« Topic Start: August 27, 2012, 08:53:49 AM »
With the recent interest in Werewolf, maybe you guys'd be interested in a lighter game with similar themes.

THE HUNT

A game of Social Interaction and Strategy. Prisoner's Dilemma meets Survivor. Cooperation and Deception. Survival of the Fittest.

Where does power reside? The free men say it resides with the people, the fascist with the force of arms, the priest with the voice of God, the 1% with mountains of cash. Varys says it resides where men believe it resides.

They are all wrong. Power truly resides with meat. Piles and piles of juicy, juicy meat. Love doesn't make the world go 'round, unless it's a specific kind of love. Love for a bloody raw sirloin. Mmm.

Do you have what it takes to be powerful?

HUNTERS:
Cren - 32

Barek - 16

Zakilevo - 4

Ketchum - 0

Ross - 0 - DIED DAY ONE AFTER A VOTE

LGMalpha - 0 -

Penchant - 6

Ehndras - 4
----------

HISTORY:

----------

Here is how the game works. Each Round you will select which animal you will hunt. The list below informs you of all seven animals, what is required to successfully hunt that animal, and how many points that animal is worth.

Cheetah - If only one person hunts this animal, he/she will be successful and earn 16 points. If more than one person attempts to hunt this animal, the Cheetah will be scared away and all hunters attempting to hunt this animal will recieve 0 points.

Lion - If two or less people attempt to hunt this animal, they will be successful and will each earn 13 points. If more than two people attempt to hunt this animal, the Lion will be scared away and all hunters attempting to hunt this animal will recieve 0 points.

Hippopotamus - If six or more people attempt to hunt this animal, they will be successful and will each earn 12 points. If five or less people attempt to hunt this animal, there will not be enough hunters to hunt this animal and all hunters attempting to hunt this animal will recieve 0 points.

Elephant - If five or more people attempt to hunt this animal, they will be successful and will each earn 10 points. If four or less people attempt to hunt this animal, there will not be enough hunters to hunt this animal and all hunters attempting to hunt this animal will recieve 0 points.

Rhinoceros - If four or more people attempt to hunt this animal, they will be successful and will each earn 8 points. If three or less people attempt to hunt this animal, there will not be enough hunters to hunt this animal and all hunters attempting to hunt this animal will recieve 0 points.

Giraffe - If three or more people attempt to hunt this animal, they will be successful and will each earn 6 points. If two or less people attempt to hunt this animal, there will not be enough hunters to hunt this animal and all hunters attempting to hunt this animal will recieve 0 points.

Zebra - If two or more people attempt to hunt this animal, they will be successful and will each earn 4 points. If only one person attempts to hunt this animal, there will not be enough hunters to hunt this animal and the hunter attempting to hunt this animal will recieve 0 points.

Warthog - Anyone who hunts the warthog will automatically be successful and will automatically earn 2 points.

Each round you will have the oppurtunity to hunt one animal. This will then determine how many points you will earn. Your points stay with you throughout the entire game and will continue to grow (unless of course, you continue to get 0 points each round). Not all seven animals will be available to hunt each round, I will inform you ahead of time which animals are available to hunt during that round.

After each round there will be an elimination. I will roll a die, the result will determine how the elimination will occur. There are three possible ways for the elimination to occur.

Vote Off -- Each person will cast a number of ballots equal to however many points they have. Whoever recieves the most ballots will be eliminated. (For example, if you currently have 6 points, you will be given the oppurtunity to cast 6 ballots). The person with the highest points is immune from recieving any ballots. If multiple people are tied for highest points then nobody is immune from recieving any ballots.

Dictator Decides -- Whoever currently has the most points will get to decide who is eliminated. In the event of a tie a dice will determine which one of the leaders gets to eliminate someone. If there was a tie, the leader may not eliminate anyone who has as many points as they do.

Weakest Link -- The person with the lowest amount of points will be eliminated. In the event of a tie, the person who recieved the lowest points in the most recent round will be eliminated. If there is still a tie we will go back a previous round, etc. If a tie continues to exist then the current point leader will get to decide which to eliminate.

The game ends when only two people remain, and both will be declared the winners.

If you miss a deadline during a hunt you will do nothing and gain 0 points. All choices will be made in private, via PM, to me. Rounds last 24 hours. Communication is allowed inside, and outside, the thread. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I will be accepting a maximum of 10 hunters and a minimum of 7 hunters. Best of luck! In order to apply simply post in the thread. First come, first serve.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:42:22 AM by Slapsticks »
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Re: The Hunt
« Reply #1: August 27, 2012, 12:22:41 PM »
Seems interesting! I'll give it a try.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #2: August 27, 2012, 02:31:23 PM »
Will you post who chose what after each round?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 27, 2012, 06:53:10 PM »
Interesting.  I'm in.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 27, 2012, 07:51:11 PM »
Will you post who chose what after each round?
Yes.
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: August 27, 2012, 07:56:07 PM »
I am in

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 30, 2012, 01:54:27 AM »
Anybody else interested?

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 30, 2012, 01:57:08 AM »
With my current game over, I am in :D
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 30, 2012, 02:04:03 AM »
I'll join and learn, it looks interesting.
Atamara:    Dwilight:

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 30, 2012, 02:52:47 AM »
I'll play if there is room left.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 30, 2012, 02:58:46 AM »
1 more and we'll have the minimum necessary.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 30, 2012, 04:36:38 AM »
I'll play
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 30, 2012, 05:51:09 AM »
That looks like a quorum.

I'm hunting the Cheetah this coming turn. If you'd like 0 points this coming turn, you are welcome to also hunt the Cheetah.  I'm willing to share though.  PM me if you're interested in sharing.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 30, 2012, 06:19:43 AM »
I'll start the first round in a day or two, new applicants should still feel free to put themselves forward.

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 30, 2012, 07:36:31 AM »
How much point hunting the Barek ?
Atamara:    Dwilight: