Author Topic: number of characters  (Read 5805 times)

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
number of characters
« Topic Start: September 06, 2012, 09:51:50 PM »
According to the Wiki it says that at fame 20 you should have a character limit of 4 with 4 nobles. Just wondering if this is indeed correct as I have over 20 fame and only allowed 3 characters.
Forbes Family

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: number of characters
« Reply #1: September 06, 2012, 09:59:37 PM »
You are correct, it is 4, but there is a limit on the number of Active characters.

Check out the Active Limit details here: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/CharacterLimits

Alpha

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 06, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »
Your account may not be old enough. At 20 fame. you may still only have an active character limit or 3.

Forbes Family

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 06, 2012, 10:28:39 PM »
Your account may not be old enough. At 20 fame. you may still only have an active character limit or 3.

I just looked and my account was started in april of 2010. I don't know if this is long enough for the 4th active or not.

swholmes, that wiki page is what brought up my question. I guess its' confusing when it says +1 noble limit to 4 when you can only play 3. But even with that my login page says the following...

Your character limits are: 8 characters total, 3 active at the same time, 3 of those can be nobles
Forbes Family

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 06, 2012, 10:51:50 PM »
I think it's actually 25 fame.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #5: September 06, 2012, 11:21:37 PM »
I believe I made an analysis a while ago, if someone can dig that up, it'll answer most if not all these questions.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Zakilevo

« Reply #6: September 07, 2012, 01:13:51 AM »
I believe I made an analysis a while ago, if someone can dig that up, it'll answer most if not all these questions.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/CharacterLimits

I've added Foundation's analysis to wiki sometime ago.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #7: September 07, 2012, 04:21:05 PM »
Yay for work done by Zak and not by me. 8)

But yeah, good work. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #8: September 07, 2012, 06:19:01 PM »
Oh god, I can only imagine how long it would take to build up to 20 fame, I've been in the game (on this account) for at least a year and a half to two years, and have only reached 10. Ugh... can we reduce it to 15?

egamma

« Reply #9: September 08, 2012, 11:38:39 PM »
Oh god, I can only imagine how long it would take to build up to 20 fame, I've been in the game (on this account) for at least a year and a half to two years, and have only reached 10. Ugh... can we reduce it to 15?

It's not that hard...find a realm with little activity, that's also a republic or democracy, and get yourself elected.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Gellander_Family

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #10: September 09, 2012, 12:13:03 AM »
I've been General as two different characters. At one point I was lord as all my characters. I've been banker. I've only not been Duke, Judge, and Ruler. That's at most 2-3 Fame points. That'd leave me with 7 to go still.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 09, 2012, 01:18:09 AM »
Duke is 2, judge is 1, ruler is 7 or 8. If you get all of them. That's half the 20 you need right there.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #12: September 09, 2012, 02:25:06 AM »
Duke is 2, judge is 1, ruler is 7 or 8. If you get all of them. That's half the 20 you need right there.

Ruler is 6. 1 for being elected, 4 for staying in power for 10 days, and 1 more for staying in power for 100 days.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: September 09, 2012, 04:11:02 AM »
So that's 9 of the 20. Add in 4 for prestige, 1 for skill, 1 for lord, 2 more for council positions, 2 for a guild (1 or 2, can't remember), and maybe 1 for hero death. That's 20 or 21. Doesn't seem all that hard to get. You can sub out a couple for the various ruler fame points and still get there. Family gold isn't that hard to get.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: September 09, 2012, 04:21:18 AM »
So that's 9 of the 20. Add in 4 for prestige, 1 for skill, 1 for lord, 2 more for council positions, 2 for a guild (1 or 2, can't remember), and maybe 1 for hero death. That's 20 or 21. Doesn't seem all that hard to get. You can sub out a couple for the various ruler fame points and still get there. Family gold isn't that hard to get.

You do realize that for most people getting all the Council fame is something they aspire to but not something they can do in the near future?  Heck, you know how much I play, and it took me, what, three years before I got all the Council fame, and most of that was on one meteoric character who had absolutely unprecedented turnover in his realm.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"