Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf VII: The Empire Strikes Back  (Read 36891 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
[Forum Game] Werewolf VII: The Empire Strikes Back
« Topic Start: September 12, 2012, 05:15:43 AM »
[Forum Game] Werewolf VII: The Empire Strikes Back

Starting Date: 18 September Asia time GMT+8

In a galaxy far, far away...

The Emperor lies dead, the Empire is defeated and the former rebels have restarted the republic on Coruscant. Leaders are elected, heroes are celebrated and everything is going according to plan.
What has yet to be revealed is that amongst the new leaders and heroes are a few vicious, sinister and, most of all, dangerous agents of the fallen Empire. And they will have their revenge...

Standard Big Rules

Special Roles will be handed out after the last person signs up. Everyone will get a PM.

The game will then proceed to a Night deadline.

The game is divided into two periods - night and day. For practical reasons these two periods take place at the same time, from one update till the next.
Each day, all players gather and decide to lynch one of the players - the person they think is most likely to be a werewolf. Each night, the werewolves decide who to kill. In each 24 hour period, the village will lynch, and the werewolves will hunt. The villagers can try to lynch multiple people by creating a glorious, Lemeard-approved, TIE, and the werewolves can also decide not to hunt anyone at all at night. Beware of Crovaxian slips as well!

The werewolves win if they manage to reach parity with the villagers.
The villagers and seer win if they manage to kill all the werewolves.

§1A. - You sign up to the game by requesting so in a post in this thread.
§1B. - No new players will be admitted after the game has started, except to substitute for another player.
§1C. - You may at any time be substituted out by requesting so in the thread.
§1D. - Failure to vote will lead to immediate substitution.

§2A. – Players will vote daily. See Rule 1D.
§2B. – Invalid votes (Voting for Game Moderator/Ghosts) will not be accepted and be considered to be in violation of Rule 2A.
§2C. – In the event of a tie all tied players will be executed.
§2D. - The player(s) with the majority of votes at deadline are considered dead. They will not reveal any inside information after the deadline. The presumed dead player(s) should post in green text until their true role is confirmed.

§3A. - Orders and votes submitted after deadline are ignored.
§3B. - Orders (scans, hunts, et cetera) are sent to the Game Moderator via PM.
§3C. - Players are responsible for any Private Messages missed due to inbox being full.

§4A. - Spectators and ghosts may comment, but never suggest a course of action, reveal any new information, including vote counts. Preferably spectators will comment only in a manner tangential to the actual game.
§4B. - When doing ghost/spectator commentary, please use a non-white colour.

§5. - Alliances and Feuds which aren't based on your characters or roles in the game between players are forbidden. Alliances and Feuds which continue from one game to another undermine the whole idea of the game.

§6A. – The Game Moderator has the last word on all matters.
§6B. – If the Game Moderator makes a mistake (e.g. with the vote count, hunt/scan orders), if critical information has been revealed, the mistake will be kept.

§7A. – Forging PMs is allowed. Screenshots of PMs is not.
§7B. - Posting or quoting of PMs from the GM is not allowed - real or forged.

§8A. – Voting must be done in the following way. Write "VOTE" and the person you are voting for in bold text.
§8B. - If you wish to un-vote someone, write "UNVOTE" and their name in bold text.
§8C. - In case of re-voting without un-voting the original vote will be the counted vote.
§8D. - Do not edit votes after posting them. If you make a mistake, like not bolding, unvote and revote in a new post.
§8E. - Votes should be oversized or clear of other text to ensure they are not missed by the GM.

§9. - The GM can and will remove players if the GM believes the player is not participating at their full capacity. This will be done through the use of killing the player's role, or using substitutes, if they are available. All such decisions are made solely at the discretion of the GM.

Player Roles

1 x Jedi (Seer)
2 x Imperial Agents (Werewolves)
X x Rebel Heroes (Villagers)

Roles May or May Not In

1 X Bounty Hunter (Hired by Darth Sidious before his demise)
1 X Sleeper Imperial Agent
1 X Padawan

Deadline

Deadline will be:

The deadline of this game is ( <- BM Sunrise Time, Battlemaster forum Time will be 6.00AM)
Votes and orders made before BM Sunrise will count.

Voting ends at the deadline even if the GM is not present. All players except the presumptive lynchee(s) are permitted to post analysis of the game between the deadline and the update.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 05:08:44 AM by Ketchum »
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] Werewolf VII: The Empire Strikes Back
« Reply #1: September 12, 2012, 06:15:28 AM »
FAQ

Do I have to roleplay? No. It's fun and helpful to, but it's not required. Some players don't really roleplay at all, and instead simply post votes and accusations, and that's okay too.

What do I post?/I don't understand! You can post anything you like, really but preferably in an IC POINT OF VIEW.  Typically Scientists will post accusations. "I think he did it, just because!" or "I think she did it, because last turn she voted against the guy who turned out to be an Imperial Agent!" Accusations work better when you can back them up with some reason. Trash talking is allowed and encouraged.

The Roles

Except for Rebel Hero (Villager) and Imperial Agent (Werewolf), all other Roles MAY, not will, be in the game

Jedi (Seer): May scan one person per night to see if they are a Imperial Agents or unclaimed Apprentice (100% success). Any other role will appear as a regular Rebel Hero (Villager) to the Jedi (Seer).

Padawan: Padawan have the potential to become truly great if taken under the wing of Jedi. If unclaimed and scanned by a Jedi/Seer, that scanner becomes their Master. If an Padawan has a Jedi Master and that Jedi Master dies, they lose any traits and their Padawan role and instead become the role of their Jedi Master. An unclaimed Padawan does not know that he is one until he is scanned. There might be claimed Padawan at game start in which case these claimed Padawan will know their role. Will always know their master if claimed.

Imperial Agent: May hunt one person per night. If more than one Agent, they have to agree on target person to be hunt. Have a one-time scan on finding Sleeper Imperial Agent. 10% success on first night, 20% success on second night and so on.

Bounty Hunter: Know one of the Imperial Agent name at the start. Win if Imperial Agent win.

Sleeper Imperial Agent: Sleeper Imperial Agent have the potential to become truly great if taken under the wing of Imperial Agent. If unclaimed and scanned by a Imperial Agent, that scanner becomes their Master. An unclaimed Imperial Agent does not know that he is one until he is scanned. There might be claimed Sleeper Imperial Agent at game start in which case these claimed Sleeper Imperial Agent will know their role. Will always know their master if claimed.

Aw man, I'm just a Rebel Hero (Villager). We can't all be Imperial Agent. Have fun being a Rebel Hero. Root out the evildoers! Try not to be confused for an Imperial Agent and be lynched by your fellow Rebels!

How long does a game last? Depends on setup and what happens in the game. Could be as short as 2-3 days, or as long as 10 days!

CHARACTERS

1. Jedi NPC(To be Killed on Night 0)
2. Cren(Jedi/Seer Lynched on Night 1)
3. Lanyon
4. D Espana
5. Lefanis
6. Slapsticks
7. Zakilevo
8. Velax
9. Barek Jerm 'Hoth Stormtrooper'
10. Fury(Rebel Hero (Villager) / Padawan the villager was hunted on Night 1)
11. Penchant

EVENT
Night 0: Jedi Ambassador NPC was killed, leaving behind his Jedi saber

Night 1: Cren, Jedi(Seer) was lynched.
Fury, Rebel Hero (Villager) / Padawan the villager was hunted.

Night 2: Zakilevo the Rebel Hero (Villager) / R2D2 Droid was shortcircuited and disassembled.
Slapsticks Rebel Hero (Villager) / Ewok Ambassador was hunted, cut to furry body parts.

Day 3:
The Winner:
Lefanis, Imperial Agent
Lanyon, Imperial Agent
Velax, the secret Bounty Hunter
Barek, The Sleeper Imperial Agent, is claimed by Imperial Agent scan and become one of the bad guy
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 01:56:57 AM by Ketchum »
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 12, 2012, 10:35:25 AM »
You know, um... 'padowan' would be better in place of Jedi Apprentice. Cool theme, count me in!
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 12, 2012, 02:16:09 PM »
In..these things are awesome.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 12, 2012, 05:34:49 PM »
As Vellos would say, for the Republic! (read it as: in, in, in!)
D'Espana Family

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 13, 2012, 01:34:52 AM »
You know, um... 'padowan' would be better in place of Jedi Apprentice. Cool theme, count me in!
Yo... You are right. Padawan, ok I made the change :P

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 13, 2012, 04:44:16 AM »
May the force be with me  ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Norrel

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 14, 2012, 02:49:12 AM »
in
“it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings.”
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: September 14, 2012, 02:58:25 AM »
sign me up

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 14, 2012, 04:18:05 AM »
I'm in.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 14, 2012, 05:27:32 AM »
In as a Hoth Stormtrooper.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 14, 2012, 05:35:33 AM »
In as a Hoth Stormtrooper.

I briefly consider role playing as a Hoth Wompa, but considered it to be a little too difficult.  It's their nuanced vocabulary.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Fury

« Reply #12: September 15, 2012, 08:35:49 PM »
The force is strong in this one --> waves hand!

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: September 15, 2012, 10:34:01 PM »
Sign me up.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Fury

« Reply #14: September 17, 2012, 05:10:07 PM »
What are we waiting for?
Let's start with the rebellion already!  ;D