Author Topic: New War Predictions  (Read 159062 times)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: New War Predictions
« Reply #15: September 14, 2012, 02:37:44 PM »
I do not know if it is realistic (I am not even playing on EC with a noble anymore), but I would expect Perdan to be the one setting things in motion soon: Sirion and Caligus' influence over the continent is large and increasing due to dunnera and nivemus strengthening. If Perdan wants to somehow rebalance things it should try to rally as many realms as possible and try to strike while the allies of Sirion and Caligus are still young and not prepared. But it's not going to be easy :p

Caligus got significantly weaker after creating Dunnera. Sure, they have some rich unclaimed regions lying around, but even after they take them, Caligus has gotten weaker. Westmoor is still the strongest of the 3 middle states, even after taking some hits in the war.

Zakilevo

« Reply #16: September 14, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »
Perdan's influence is the strongest in my opinion. Sirion looks big but Sirion only makes as much income as Perdan. As for Caligus, they have significantly been weakened due to Dunnera. They have about the same number of nobles as Westmoor while having more regions to govern. But their diplomatic position is strongest among the big three, allied with both Perdan and Sirion. If either Perdan or Sirion want to go to war, they need to lower their relations with Caligus first which is not something they neither of them are willing to do first.

T Strike

• Noble Lord
  • What happened?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 15, 2012, 03:03:30 PM »
EC vs Atamara
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 15, 2012, 07:03:58 PM »
EC vs Atamara

Atamara wins simply because they are so much bigger, even though we are better.  8)

Zakilevo

« Reply #19: September 15, 2012, 07:04:50 PM »
Atamara wins simply because they are so much bigger, even though we are better.  8)

Darka has more gold than all the realms on EC put together...

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 16, 2012, 07:31:43 AM »
Darka has more gold than all the realms on EC put together...

I know. What bosses.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 18, 2012, 04:00:03 AM »
And Oroya is still only halfway strength anyways. Why would we fight ANYBODY when our richest region is at half production.
Maybe Zakilevo thinking other realm going attack Nivemus and lust after its lands...

Perdan's influence is the strongest in my opinion. Sirion looks big but Sirion only makes as much income as Perdan. As for Caligus, they have significantly been weakened due to Dunnera. They have about the same number of nobles as Westmoor while having more regions to govern. But their diplomatic position is strongest among the big three, allied with both Perdan and Sirion. If either Perdan or Sirion want to go to war, they need to lower their relations with Caligus first which is not something they neither of them are willing to do first.
Agree. I always wonder if Perdan and Sirion fight against each other, who will win?

Look like a cooldown period, a rebuilding period before any big war can be launch :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Zakilevo

« Reply #22: September 18, 2012, 04:18:40 AM »
Maybe Zakilevo thinking other realm going attack Nivemus and lust after its lands...
Agree. I always wonder if Perdan and Sirion fight against each other, who will win?

Look like a cooldown period, a rebuilding period before any big war can be launch :P

If it is just 1v1 without any other realm interfering, Sirion will probably win. Sirion has about 17 more nobles and makes slightly more income (about 1k more gold?). A difference of 17 nobles is... quite significant.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 18, 2012, 04:27:40 AM »
It's a pretty meaningless question, since the two realms don't even share a border. Geography, region types, and border fortifications are extremely important, especially for Sirion.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: September 18, 2012, 07:11:17 AM »
I doubt Sirion could move efficiently enough to truly strike Perdan. The route itself would impose a true problem  and with  fortified  region the main route for them to reach Perdan. Btw I almost forgot Westmoor is between the two.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Zakilevo

« Reply #25: September 18, 2012, 07:46:01 AM »
I doubt Sirion could move efficiently enough to truly strike Perdan. The route itself would impose a true problem  and with  fortified  region the main route for them to reach Perdan. Btw I almost forgot Westmoor is between the two.

Perdan is only vulnerable from the south east where they are bordering Caligus. Also, the distance between Sirion and Perdan makes things rather unfavourable for one side to attack the other.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: September 18, 2012, 11:34:17 AM »
It's a pretty meaningless question, since the two realms don't even share a border. Geography, region types, and border fortifications are extremely important, especially for Sirion.

Cold war is the only solution. Creeping political influence of nearby realms is the way to go.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: September 18, 2012, 05:51:11 PM »
Cold war is the only solution. Creeping political influence of nearby realms is the way to go.
That's how it happened in late '06. Sirion and Fontan punched through Bescanon and into Perdan. (Fontan at the time owned Westmoor city and Troyes.) Neither realm could have done it by themselves, and Perdan couldn't really attack very far into Fontan. Sirion, working with a federated Fontan, managed to do it. Later on, after the formation of Westmoor, Perdan worked with Fontan and Westmoor, and tried to help break through Sirion's defenses, without ever succeeding.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: September 18, 2012, 05:58:48 PM »
IS This For REAL?

What are all these alliances for?

Every realm on the continent is allied to another realm who is allied to another, and now to have War a realm should leave the alliance with one of their allies.

COME ON! (╯゜□゜)╯︵ ┻━┻ There must be a limit to this!

Zakilevo

« Reply #29: September 18, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »
IS This For REAL?

What are all these alliances for?

Every realm on the continent is allied to another realm who is allied to another, and now to have War a realm should leave the alliance with one of their allies.

COME ON! (╯゜□゜)╯︵ ┻━┻ There must be a limit to this!

Maybe limiting the number of alliances would be nice or should have some kind of negative impact for having too many allies... but at the same time it sounds stupid too...