Author Topic: New War Predictions  (Read 159064 times)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: New War Predictions
« Reply #315: January 11, 2013, 02:44:45 PM »
I feel I should apologize for having misinterpreted the messages about the personal insults, all the history about rapists, etc. That said, I go back to the normal discussion.

And thank you for posting the RP, I like this one despite the personal feelings about what is appropriate or not and the personal taste of each player. About elves, I think I don't having nothing to say. I prefer to let it run inside the game with IC opinions, like Jor... who thinks they just cut off their ears. OCC this discussion is fated to go nowhere.

I don't have the habit of imposing absolute truths, then I am free to agree that the opinion of others on the subject worth very little to me. Especially when the principle of my characters is not to be elf or not, but teir personality and actions.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #316: January 11, 2013, 03:10:48 PM »
While this is not my favorite kind of RP (the last line is definitely unnecessary)

What do you mean unnecessary? you believe people shouldn't write horible things in there RP's or game play? Does writing have to be nesecary something? like keeping a positive vibe?
I think we shouldnt restrict any form of writing, the freedom and endless variations is what attracts me to the game in the first place, i like any creative environment or project.
Most of us like a positive vibe, but some of us also(or only) like dark humor and sometimes shocking stuff, like how Eduardo wrote that RP.
A zealous, daimon-worshiping, sociopathic, lover of rape, genocide, and overall pain and damnation.... lovely!
For uniqueness and innovations sake, let us not restrict creativity in our writings for any reason at all.

I do think however that it be a good idea to give players a warning when joining the game, that the games world contains horror, rape and all those things in its game mechanics and roleplaying.
So people are warned before they start or ask there parents what they think about there 13 year old son reading stories like that(eduardos rp).
So Players(ahum... pussies :P no offense) like you who'd rather not be confronted with horror, can play some other happy/gay game that has restrictions, because BM hasn't and shouldn't in my opinion(as long as its not obviously plagiating world war two, nazi germany or congo or cambodja or any other real life history).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:13:32 PM by Nosferatus »
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #317: January 11, 2013, 03:23:19 PM »
What do you mean unnecessary? you believe people shouldn't write horible things in there RP's or game play?

I just said it's not my cup of tea. I did defend his right to say it.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #318: January 11, 2013, 04:19:32 PM »
Just to say, I went through it when some players asked if I could change some of my RPs because they had a young daughter who played BM. Although I have all the respect in not abusing of the content, the parents should guide and control what their children will read.

I think BM is an adult game for adults. At least with some moral preparation and enough background for such readings. I like the good vibe, but no one who goes to war have this kind of happy behavior. You think a troopleader will stay in front of his troops and say: "Let's take this city to distribute candies!"??? No, in medieval times they burned and raped. It happens even today in modern warfare.

That's exactly like TV or internet. We are free to change the channel or close the window. BM also have the "ignore" option. Then, thanks by the support and criticism.
Serpentis again!

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #319: January 11, 2013, 04:23:15 PM »
I began playing BM when I was barely 13. But my English was so poor that I didn't understand much anyway.  8)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Kwanstein

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #320: January 11, 2013, 05:24:46 PM »
I also started playing when I was 13, I was banned from my first realm for calling the ruler "Hitler". Needless to say that my innocence was never in danger ::)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #321: January 11, 2013, 08:29:27 PM »
Just to say, I went through it when some players asked if I could change some of my RPs because they had a young daughter who played BM. Although I have all the respect in not abusing of the content, the parents should guide and control what their children will read.

I think BM is an adult game for adults. At least with some moral preparation and enough background for such readings. I like the good vibe, but no one who goes to war have this kind of happy behavior. You think a troopleader will stay in front of his troops and say: "Let's take this city to distribute candies!"??? No, in medieval times they burned and raped. It happens even today in modern warfare.

That's exactly like TV or internet. We are free to change the channel or close the window. BM also have the "ignore" option. Then, thanks by the support and criticism.

I agree. Although I am not a big fan of the egotistical nature in many of your RPs, they are good RPs in a game that should have more RPs.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #322: January 12, 2013, 12:07:57 AM »
And how could my RPs not be egoistic? They are the vision of my characters. I sent this violent RP sent by Tanos to a lot of people today in the realms I have characters... I just receive compliments. As I can see, they love antagonists as I love.

Also, I have more than 100 RPs... with many characters, but mainly with Erik. You can find a lot of aspects inside them ;)

And Tanos is not the only one to save them, this one just interests him. In my family page you can find the others.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 12:20:18 AM by Eduardo Almighty »
Serpentis again!

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #323: January 12, 2013, 12:19:17 AM »
And how could my RPs not be egoistic? They are the vision of my characters. I sent this violent RP sent by Tanos to a lot of people today in the realms I have characters... I just receive compliments. As I can see, they love antagonists as I love.

Also, I have more than 100 RPs... with many characters, but mainly with Erik. You can find a lot of aspects inside them ;)

I understand the egotism and why it's there. As I said before, when I was in Sirion, I thought your RPs were really well done. Just not always my type of RP.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #324: January 12, 2013, 12:22:28 AM »
I agree. And even when you (and the people) don't appreciate, they have flavor. This is the most important in roleplay a character.
Serpentis again!

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #325: January 15, 2013, 12:47:59 AM »
And how could my RPs not be egoistic?

Yeah, i mean comon, the guy just loves him self! besides he's a Brasilero, those guys close there borders after losing a football match against there rivals down south.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #326: January 15, 2013, 04:15:28 AM »
Yeah, i mean comon, the guy just loves him self! besides he's a Brasilero, those guys close there borders after losing a football match against there rivals down south.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #327: January 15, 2013, 11:58:32 AM »
We have too much self-esteem to spare and sell.
And I don't want to talk about soccer... my team (Palmeiras) will play in the second division this year  :-[
Serpentis again!

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #328: January 15, 2013, 06:57:29 PM »

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #329: January 16, 2013, 07:17:08 AM »
Is anyone has a Unique Item called Crystal Ball or something? Can I borrow for crystal ball gazing to see what future war may unfold? 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)